Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/02/2010 3:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have not heard back from Armen or IKBA as of today, but it appears that he is reading the thread.
    I noticed that there is now a small "Stretching, Bob Anderson" below the stretching images, where there was not one before.
    I do not know if he actually has permission to use the images however.
    None of the other material on the site has been changed at this time.
    edit: It looks like the site is being modified as i type this.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/02/2010 3:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    interesting thread. the fact that he was a 3 time world champ and had hundreds of trophies and medals over the space of 3 years is pretty highly suspect. his gym doesnt run a fight team, and his "curriculum" for new MT students is bogus. i would love to see the videos, but you need to be a member to view them, although he has no pictures of the MT stuff on his site so probably has no videos either.

TKD rank might be legit but who gives a ****, its TKD.

Posted On:
    3/03/2010 12:39pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Response from USATaekwondo:
    On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 12:31 PM, Bill Kellick <Bill.Kellick@usa-taekwondo.us> wrote:
    The said instructor has never competed for the U.S. at the Olympic Games.

Bill Kellick
    USA Taekwondo
    Director of Communications
    One Olympic Plaza
    Colorado Springs, CO 80909
    Tel: (719) 866-3626
    Cell: (719) 232-7792
    Fax: (719) 866-4642
    Email: bill.kellick@usa-taekwondo.us
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/USA_Taekwond
    I sent a reply that asked if there was any other capacity where he could have "represented the US Olympic team" outside of the games as the claim on the site is vague.

edit:
    Most of the material that looked plagiarized has been removed, with the exception of the material on the "Nutrition" page which is from here:
    Amazon.com: Ultimate Fitness for Martial Arts: Sang H. Kim, Ultimate Fitness for Martials Arts: Movies & TV
    and the Bob Anderson Stretching images, which as noted above now have a small acknowledgment, yet no "images reproduced here from... .. with the express permission of.. etc.) and even that just appeared.
    I would tend to believe that the site owner does not have permission to use that passage or the images.
    Last edited by ChenPengFi; 3/03/2010 12:50pm at .

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    3/03/2010 1:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    The term used in Muay Thai is "Kru". So unless that's a typo on your part, that is not a good indication of legitimacy. Most likely he's a TKD guy looking to cash in on the MMA craze of which Muay Thai is an integral part.
    I suspect Armen is/has read this thread.
    His CURRENT Linkedin page is here and has the correct "KRU"
    Its cached version is here and states "KRY". As the inimitable jnp states "Not a good sign"

Not much on Internet Archive, merely a page listing of him being a Fitness Instructor, which is from 2008. I would suspect he might have promoted himself and his credentials a bit more strenuously what with being a former world champ and all. Also of note, he was operating out of a storefront which, by all appearances, is currently home to a physician or bookkeeper.

The records from the www.ikba.de, only seem to be current and the Internet Archives site only go to 2005

His pricing is absolutely ridiculous, with his schedule focusing heavily on TKD and fitness/cardiokickboxing. One would think a former Muay Thai champ would be cashing in on the MT craze created by MMA.....but not our esteemed Mr. Keledjian.

His ZoomInfo page has been deleted.....but is still cached.
    In 2005 he stated:
    Armen Keledjian is a 3rd degree black belt instructor with over 16 years experience in martial arts.He has competed in many tournaments both nationally and internationally.He has trained a world champion and two national champions.
    Competed in many tournaments........TRAINED a World Champ.....but no mention of his OWN World Championship.
    Curious.
    VERY Curious.

Oh, and i sent an email to the ikba.de. In really, really bad German.

39 is not old. I'm two years older than you and I'm not dead yet.
    Quit hoggin' all the gravespace.

Posted On:
    3/03/2010 2:27pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Olympic claims are false.
    In response to if there was any other capacity where Armen could have "represented the US Olympic team" outside of the games, i received this from USA Taekwondo:

No possible way.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/03/2010 2:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    its a shame that he wont come here to defend his claims... but the reasons why are obvious, he has no defense.

now the problem is, obviously, that he still runs a school and still sells his line of bullshit to unsuspecting people. while this thread is the first one that comes up if you search his name in google, you might want to mention what his credentials actually mean to your friend. word of mouth will do the rest.
    Last edited by alex; 3/03/2010 2:55pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/09/2010 3:51am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Thai, TKD, Wrestling, Box

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ChenPengFi, first of all, why do you care? Do you represent IKBA? do you know the original family that started it, I do and I know all the facts about Mr Keledzhyan aka Keledjian Silent Warrior. Im curious to what your reasons are. All facts do exist and also video footage as well. Based on the lack of research, you appear to be an amateur only mongering competitive tarnishing. I am 100 percent sure, your reasons for speculation are ridiculous and funny.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/09/2010 3:59am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have followed Armen since he split a guys face in uptown whittier Hilton. This guys cred is up there. However, i am curious to why you amateurs even care? Alot of you idiots ask for proof, there is plenty load of it, I have my own shot footage, and i am sure he does as well.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/09/2010 4:11am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ah, a bunch of little girls making an attempt to do what? haha

I sense a strong odor of amateurs crawling here. Armen KOs girls like you in his sleep. There is plenty of proof. The fact that girls like you who are starting this nonsense only states one thing, competition between schools. Whoever your school is, it is embarrassing that your amateur minions are starting this. I have fought for IKBA, i hold a National Title, I have fought for VUT, I hold 4 world titles under him. And i am sure that you girl wanna bes here have jack sh** hence why you cry over people who have done it.

Anyone of you girls wanna contact IKBA, contact Steve Rodarte, I was with Armen in Hawaii Summer of 96. Yeah, he has been fighting pro since then. He is a young successful Master, and I can see why lil wanna be bi***s are attempting to tarnish. Good luck, once those videos hit the surface, the only thing you would have done is given him more publicity, freakin amateurs. haha

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/09/2010 4:18am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ah, a bunch of little girls making an attempt to do what? haha

I sense a strong odor of amateurs crawling here. Armen KOs girls like you in his sleep. There is plenty of proof. The fact that girls like you who are starting this nonsense only states one thing, competition between schools. Whoever your school is, it is embarrassing that your amateur minions are starting this. I have fought for IKBA, i hold a National Title, I have fought for VUT, I hold 4 world titles under him. And i am sure that you girl wanna bes here have jack sh** hence why you cry over people who have done it.

Anyone of you girls wanna contact IKBA, contact Steve Rodarte, I was with Armen in Hawaii Summer of 96. Yeah, he has been fighting pro since then. He is a young successful Master, and I can see why lil wanna be bi***s are attempting to tarnish. Good luck, once those videos hit the surface, the only thing you would have done is given him more publicity, freakin amateurs. haha :pottytrai
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast