Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182425262728 29303132 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/24/2010 3:01pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by muythai123 View Post
    Hey everyone, maybe I could be of some help. I actually work out at Armen's gym. This thread looks like it has gotten a little out of control, so let's just start off by saying that should stop. Sirpig, it you are Armen's brother, you are doing him quite a disservice with your manner on this site. I know you may be upset, but you should control yourself a little better, as its not helping his business. With that said, I've been doing Muy Thai for a little over a couple years now, first at Sityodong in Pasadena, a very acclaimed studio and at OC Muy Thai in Orange County. I left OC Muy Thai since they moved locations to Seal Beach and it was too far of a drive. I would find Armen's workouts and training on par with the training I received at these other gyms. I went and tried the gym a couple of times before I signed up and I was and currently am happy with the training I received and Armen as an instructor. This is a good place for beginners and people trying to get into shape. His workouts are tough. I like that Armen works with you directly unlike the bigger places like sityodong where you're trained by students, (its still an awesome place to workout, don't get me wrong) Armen's gym is relatively new and has only been around for less than a year, so the only downside in my opinion is that Armen doesn't have many fighters yet, so there aren't experienced people to spare with. Other than that I would recommend this place to any beginner or anyone trying to find a fun way to get in shape. You'll be more than happy and Armen is wonderful to workout with. As far as credentials, I've seen his titles and pictures, and will ask him to post certifications. As for the website, I would say that Armen is a natural born fighter and not a marketing person or business man and probably made some mistakes on his site. I'm not defending him or saying that's o.k., but hopefully he'll get that cleared up and we can put those issues to rest. Just thought I could offer my opinion as an objective person who has tried out his gym. Thanks.
    Wow, after reading sirpig's comments I am really glad I did not go. Its pretty messed up to be talking to people like that in 2010. I checked sirpigs facebook and noticed he's a member of some Taikwondo team and it all makes sense.

Some nonsense about a video or a thing about some picture where he's next to a guy who look like he is fighting are you kidding me?

To the guy above have you ever seen these belts or pictures or certificates or what have you?

Either way It sounds like OC muay thai would be a better fit for me even though its quite a lug to get up the 405.

Posted On:
    3/24/2010 3:07pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah one more thing im thoroughly convinced this guy is a fraud so I hope no one ends up getting hurt or something. Its clear the guy is just after your money and you know these people are starting to show up more and more as times get worse around here.

Posted On:
    3/29/2010 11:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Oldguyoutofshap, just wanted to reply to your post. Yes I've seen his titles. Like I said, I work out at his gym, and I'm happy with the work outs and the service I've been getting with Armen and Fitness Factory despite what's been posted on this thread. Second, my only advice to you is to try out the gyms before you choose them. When I first moved to the OC I actually tried out four gyms before I chose one. I went to OC MuyThai, OC Kickboxing, Tommy's Gym and LA Boxing. OC MuyThai was by far the most authentic MuyThai gym. OC Kickboxing was all right. They've got Muy Thai classes and plain cardio kickboxing if you're just trying to get in shape. They have good fighters and all, but I just felt like it was too much of the L.A. Fitness, mass produced type of gym. They also really tried to pressure me into signing up, and were condescending when I told them I was trying out all the local Muy Thai places before I picked one. Tommy's Gym was mainly a boxing gym and at the time told me they were gonna phase out the kickboxing classes. Really nice people though. They let me work out for a couple hours since I came out. L.A. Boxing was kind of like OC Kickboxing and only had Muy Thai during the day when I worked and cardio kickboxing in the evenings. Anyway, getting info on the posts is good, but you won't know what your comfortable with unless you actually walk in and give these places a try. There is also a good MMA place in Huntigton Beach, but its name escapes me for the movement. I'm sorry this thread has soured you on Fitness Factory, like I said, I've had a really positive experience there and Armen has been a great and very knowledgeable trainer based on my experience. Good luck in finding a gym!

Posted On:
    3/30/2010 3:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He should teach you to spell it first...

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/30/2010 3:39am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    do you have a fight team at your gym muythai123? and how long have you been there that you dont even know the name of the art you're supposedly learning?

Posted On:
    3/30/2010 4:44am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...and are supposedly enough of an authority in to validate the training.

Posted On:
    3/30/2010 10:53am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry about the mispelling guys, that's my bad. Don't think my inability to spell detracts from my ability to judge the workouts at the gyms I've gone to. I've been there for about four months. Been training for a little over two years. I've never claimed to be an authority on anything. Just offereing my opinion based on my experience since I seem to be the only person on this board who actually has tried out a few of the gyms in Orange County. All I'm doing is giving my objective view to help Oldguyoutofshap make a decision. I think it seems funny that Alex and ChenPengFi condemn SirPig for his words, yet have no problem being just as condescending if someone has an opposing viewpoint and just look to attack them. What do you believe gives you an authority to comment on the training of the gyms in Orange County having never been to any of them? Like I said Oldguyoutofshap, good luck finding a gym.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2010 11:21am

Style: jiu jitsu, kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it seems funny that Alex and ChenPengFi condemn SirPig for his words, yet have no problem being just as condescending if someone has an opposing viewpoint and just look to attack them.
    They would have been as condescending as SirPig if they'd called you an idiotic gay loser. They didn't, so don't exaggerate.

Your consistent misspelling is not a problem, but it suggests you are rather new to the art, and not best placed to make a call on how good anyone is in it. Furthermore, the "the instructor may have been claiming BS belts/trophies/fights, but it's OK cos I went to the gym and it's awesome" line is very old. And completely off topic, as the question is not what kind of fighter he may be, but whether he's lying. Having looked at the pictures, I'm pretty sure Armen could kick my ass. But that's not the issue.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/30/2010 12:55pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry about the mispelling guys, that's my bad. Don't think my inability to spell detracts from my ability to judge the workouts at the gyms I've gone to. I've been there for about four months. Been training for a little over two years. I've never claimed to be an authority on anything. Just offereing my opinion based on my experience since I seem to be the only person on this board who actually has tried out a few of the gyms in Orange County. All I'm doing is giving my objective view to help Oldguyoutofshap make a decision. I think it seems funny that Alex and ChenPengFi condemn SirPig for his words, yet have no problem being just as condescending if someone has an opposing viewpoint and just look to attack them. What do you believe gives you an authority to comment on the training of the gyms in Orange County having never been to any of them? Like I said Oldguyoutofshap, good luck finding a gym.
    Thanks.

The fact you compare condescension with bigoted words and outright name calling is funny. So, what happens now is people will think you are a sychophant or a sock-puppet.

Look maybe the training is fine that isn't the issue. The issue is why train with a person caught lying when, there are non-liars with just as good or better training facilities?

Posted On:
    3/30/2010 1:23pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What they said^^ +1.
    Furthermore, go read my posts douchebag(ah that felt good) before you accuse me of ****.
    I asked questions in a clear and polite fashion, questions that were brought up by a prospective student. You got my derision because of what was expressed in the two posts above this.
    This site works.
    He already lost business because of the lies and that fact will be forever recorded here.

As a side note, i am enjoying my free copy of Bob Anderson's "Stretching," that Shelter Publications sent me for pointing out the plagiarized images on Armen's site.
    The new 30th anniversary edition is much clearer than the old one, with bigger pictures and better detail. [/plug]