6/22/2010 10:39am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Chuck Hardin's Judo claims...

OK, this will be in stages throughout the day. So this first:

http://www.usja-judo.org/forms.htm

At that link, anyone can download the forms that USJA uses for various events and Judo Business.

http://www.usja-judo.org/Merchant2/m...t_Code=Patch12

http://www.usja-judo.org/Merchant2/m...t_Code=Patch13

The above will link to the rank tabs used by USJA.

More to come.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 10:44am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mark,

This isn't a game show.

Post the conclusions of the information you have please.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 11:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A few days ago, I was asked to look into the claims of Chuck Hardin, perhaps asked is too tame, dragged kicking and screaming is more correct.

Mr. Hardin has claimed Judo activity in his youth (25 years ago,) Shiai attendance, and that he earned the rank of Sankyu (3rd degree brown belt.) Also, Mr. Hardin claims to have fought as a junior, never as a senior.

The first thing that struck me as odd was the confusion in the story about Sankyu being either a Green Belt or a Brown Belt. There is no such confusion in the USJA.

When a person is promoted in the USJA, a promotion packet is sent to one of three people, the player, the coach, or the club secretary. There is a box to check on all USJA forms of this nature to decide where it is sent. In the promotion packet are three items of interest. There is a new rank paper, a new membership card reflecting your new rank, and a rank tab for your Judo Gi. The senior rank tabs may be found here...

http://www.usja-judo.org/Merchant2/m...t_Code=Patch13

As you can see, the belt color is plainly the background color on the rank tab. Moreover, the color of the belt is also on the USJA Rank Certificate. So there could not possibly be any confusion as to what color belt a Sankyu is.

However, there is yet another problem. Chuck says he was a junior, and ages 14 - 16 IS a junior in USJA, the term "kyu" is not used. Juniors in USJA have a different set of requirements and rank tabs.

There rank tabs are here:

http://www.usja-judo.org/Merchant2/m...t_Code=Patch12

The promotion forms and tests for Junior and Senior Ranks are here...

http://www.usja-judo.org/forms.htm

Down load the PDF files, as they are too big to post here.

So, we now have a major area of confusion. To wit; how did a Junior obtain Senior ranks?
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 11:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
    Mark,

This isn't a game show.

Post the conclusions of the information you have please.
    You know, up to now I have been respectful to you. However, what you call a "game show" is me working with people on this site to do this they way they would wish me to.

Moreover, I am typing this as I go along, so with all due respect, I will do this as best as I can, as quickly as I can, and in the manner I was asked to do it.

Is that ok with you?

PS: I have been asked by staff to wait until this evening to post more. I will honor that request. However, once this is done, so am I.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 11:24am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure Mark that is fine with me, my comments were to ensure this wasn't going to be some dragged out thread.

Had you explained in your opening post the reasoning for the "more to follow" aspect, that wouldn't have caused me to make my request which was reasonable.

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 11:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
    Sure Mark that is fine with me, my comments were to ensure this wasn't going to be some dragged out thread.

Had you explained in your opening post the reasoning for the "more to follow" aspect, that wouldn't have caused me to make my request which was reasonable.
    "Game Show" is NOT reasonable sir, it is however the kind of projective insult that fills the boards these days. Which is why the second I have finished this task I will leave these boards to those who find such behavior acceptable....

...especially when I can not put on my ignore list, someone who insulted me.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 11:32am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Redacted.
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 6/22/2010 11:40am at .

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 11:41am

Style: BJJ, JJJ and JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't beleive I am having to do this...

This is MABS.

Please take the back-and-forth pissing contest to PM if necessary.

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 11:47am

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some observations from the other thread:

1. Chuck said that his instructor’s system was initially some weird homebrew with red, white, and blue belts and all kinds of weirdness, which later morphed into a more conventional judo program. It’s unclear to me whether the normal senior/junior rules were necessarily followed in any detail.
    2. Given the above, and given the fact that “kyu” is standard terminology for non-yudansha ranks in many JMAs, I don’t think that “sankyu” is a very confusing term no matter what the USJA may do for juniors.
    3. His profile, as cited, claimed that he attained “sankyu under an officially certified judo shodan” or something to this effect. The phrasing was interesting in that the assertion was explicit that his instructor held official rank, but was not explicit in asserting that Chunk’s own rank was registered. From what I read (in that long thread, I may well have missed some pertinent posts) it’s entirely possible that he only had a dojo rank of sankyu. If his instructor cannot be found in the records, then and only then was that account dishonest.
    [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
    [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
    “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 11:48am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raging Monkey View Post
    I can't beleive I am having to do this...

This is MABS.

Please take the back-and-forth pissing contest to PM if necessary.
    Yes, HE should have PM's me first. I was ASKED by staff to do this, insults were NOT part of the contract.

Spare me the conflict resolution clap trap where we blame both people for a single insult. I DID NOT ASK to do this, and I DID NOT WANT to do this.

I am keeping my word then you all can go **** yourselves.
Page 1 of 42 1 234511 ... LastLast