223868 Bullies, 3810 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 75
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. TheMightyMcClaw is offline
    TheMightyMcClaw's Avatar

    MADE OF STEEL!

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    3,431

    Posted On:
    2/28/2010 11:42am

    supporting member
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    I won my MMA debut!

    Last night, I had my first amateur MMA fight. The event was Ground and Pound XII in Grandville, MI. I was officially fighting at 145, but Ground and Pound gives you a five-pound allowance for weigh-ins, making the 145 division effectively the 150 division. Yeah, it's kind of weird.
    It seems that my training has paid off, because I won by first round submission. My opponent through an overhand right towards the beginning of the match, which gave me my opportunity to clinch up with him; I took him down straight into mount with an outside hook, but he rolled me over. We scrambled for a while, eventually ending up with me on my back and him in a triangle choke. I heard my coach shout to switch to an armbar, and did as such; we rolled a bit as he tried to get out of it, but he tapped eventually.
    I think the whole match lasted about a minute, tops.
    My only disappointment with the fight was that the damn DJ didn't play my entrance music. I was originally planning on coming out to this

    ....with my coach carrying me out on his shoulders. Instead, I just got some generic hip-hop as I came out (still on my coaches shoulders). I gave him a CD with my name written on it containing just that song, so I really don't know how he goofed up. Oh well. Next time.
    By far the hardest part of the ordeal was cutting weight. I normally walk around at 161-163, so I had to cut about twelve pounds in the week prior to the fight. I managed to cut about eight of those just from limiting food intake and clearing out my gut, and then sweated out the other four at the dojo the night before. It.... kind of sucked. Especially the night after I made weight but before I weighed in, as I discovered that being both starved and dehydrated makes it really hard to sleep.
    My coach took video of the fight, and I'll post them as soon as they're uploaded.
  2. Nefron is offline
    Nefron's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    1,587

    Posted On:
    2/28/2010 11:47am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good job!
  3. BaronVonDingDong is offline
    BaronVonDingDong's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lord Cholmondeley's Airfield, Hants.
    Posts
    952

    Posted On:
    2/28/2010 11:53am


     Style: Jerry-Bashing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice work. You're kind of invincible aren't you?
  4. BackFistMonkey is offline
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar

    Actual Photo

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    8,285

    Posted On:
    2/28/2010 12:13pm

    supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullshido
    You must have a crush on TheMightyMcClaw, don't you? Go do some pushups or something.
    I can't wait for the video and if there is one thing MMA needs it is positive public perception . I have always felt that the best way to do that would be through more Disney sing-a-longs .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
  5. Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs is offline
    Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs's Avatar

    fist first Philosopher

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sanctuary of Pallas Athena (Belgium)
    Posts
    2,645

    Posted On:
    2/28/2010 12:40pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congratulations, TheMightyMcClaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:
  6. hungryjoe is offline
    hungryjoe's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,404

    Posted On:
    2/28/2010 12:42pm

    supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No can +rep.

    Have crush on the Mighty one.

    Congratulations!
  7. Robstafarian is offline
    Robstafarian's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,823

    Posted On:
    2/28/2010 12:52pm


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    +rep, now learn how to cut weight properly.*


    *It is true, I don't know a damn thing about cutting weight, but consuming lots of MMA programming has taught me that he did it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

    What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

    That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.
  8. The Question is offline
    The Question's Avatar

    Octopussy!

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,592

    Posted On:
    2/28/2010 1:44pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** yes, my ninja. That's how you do that ****. Congratulations.

    Also: thank heavens you didn't go out there and try to bang with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.
  9. ADM is offline
    ADM's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,729

    Posted On:
    2/28/2010 4:28pm


     Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** yeah man :) well done!
  10. hapkido_keith is offline
    hapkido_keith's Avatar

    Crappler Extraordinaire

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,307

    Posted On:
    2/28/2010 5:13pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I plus repped you for all those that couldn't. Congrats
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.