Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678

Style
    Brazilian Jiu-jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just read through the ISKF rulebook, and it looks like they do point/touch sparring, which basically means that I'll have to choose between no contact sparring or touch sparring. Just from the very little that I know, it seems like point sparring is better than no contact at all, right?

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some contact is better than none at all, but neither is really what you want to be doing if you're looking to be able to actually use it in a real situation. The only way to really tell is to go watch some classes for yourself, since there's only so much we can tell you without being there.

Also, don't forget to do some searching the old-fashioned way- use the Yellow Pages(online or actual book). Some places don't have websites, or are hard to dig up online for one reason or another. I didn't find my current gym until I called them up, because they operate out of an actual gym, so there was no independent website for the class itself.

Style
    Judo (noob) & BJJ (noob)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^This is good advice.
    Also, try and see if maybe you can find some boxing, that's a good full contact MA people tend to overlook.
    I don't suppose you could wrestle in college if your not a part of the team, right? (we don't have college sports in Israel, so I'm not sure how it works). If there are some open sessions or something, that's a very good skill to have.

Style
    Boxing.MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you have a wrestling team, fucking join it. seriously, good wrestling is one of the best skills you can possibly have. even if you're not good enough they should have a retard squad you can be in until you improve
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Style
    Judo/JKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dont go to Shtokan or Wado if they don't spar. There is this important issue called "bad habits" in martial arts, and sometimes it is better not to learn things, than to learn them wrong.
    There should be at least one person in Moscow who has a brown or black belt in judo. Find him/her and conv,ince that individual to open a university club.
    yeah I know not the brightest idea.
    BTW regarding Shotokan, I could stand it only a month, please !!!

re wrestling I found this;
    http://www.themat.com/section.php?se...bs&state_id=15

and this

http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome....oscowwrestling
    yeah it is a youth club, but maybe they might help you.

edit: hey I found this too. Google fu is strong in me !!!
    http://www.fightteam.net/mma-school-city/ID/MOSCOW/1/

I have to idea about how good they are tho...
    Last edited by reindo; 3/08/2010 10:05am at .

Style
    Brazilian Jiu-jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks again for all the good advice. I'll look into the wrestling club, and ask around about judo. I saw some flyers for a boxing club last week, but they've been taken down, so I have no idea what happened to it. As far as competitive wrestling goes at the University, I'm not totally sure that it's something you can just arbitrarily join because you feel like it without trying out in advance or something of the sort, but I'll look into it also. Also, for the record, the MMA school is at the same place as the krav maga and aikido, and one of the users on here told me to avoid that school because it looked like garbage. I'll still look into everything offered, just to check it out. Thanks again.

Style
    Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gayle Hoyt View Post
    ...Also, for the record, the MMA school is at the same place as the krav maga and aikido, and one of the users on here told me to avoid that school because it looked like garbage...
    That was me.
    The "MMA school" mixes Krav Maga, Aikido and cardio kickboxing (aka Taebo) into their blend of MMA. Also it isn't a gym, but a fitness club.
    Stay away from that place.

Here's there class site : http://www.niathletic.com/index.php?...d=67&Itemid=74

Look at the descriptions for "Kickbox Mechanics" and "Turbo Kick"...bwahahahahahaha
    Last edited by Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs; 3/09/2010 7:03am at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Style
    Judo/JKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan View Post
    That was me.
    The "MMA school" mixes Krav Maga, Aikido and cardio kickboxing (aka Taebo) into their blend of MMA. Also it isn't a gym, but a fitness club.
    Stay away from that place.
    Zendokan is right here.
    MMA Aikido and Krav do not and cannot even belong to the same sentence.

Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678