Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2010 7:44pm

Style: Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moraes over Prater via points. Prater showed some game defense after getting his back taken, though. I'm calling Moraes over Murphy, although apparently Frost Murphy didn't come to **** around.
    Last edited by J_Treez; 4/23/2010 8:19pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2010 8:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moraes, my favorite to win the whole thing, has won the whole thing on points over Frost Murphy. Moraes controlled the fight overall, passing guard to side control and also obtaining a good mount. From his back Murphy tried a back spin to triangle attempt that would have been he coolest **** if it had worked.

$5 well spent. The PPV stream worked great. I appologize for not indicating that I was posting spoilers in the title, whoever modified that.

Posted On:
    4/23/2010 9:33pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for posting this, I was hoping someone would.

B. Quick won in spectacular fashion... interesting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2010 10:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're welcome. It was fun to follow.

In the Quick win he attempted a leg scissor take down, and didn't fully get it, but he tied up Hughes left leg from that position. Quick used that control to manuever around while threatening to maybe ankle lock or heel hook well enough to roll right into a nice kneebar. As soon as I saw him snatch it I said "Well, I'll be damned, he's gonna get a tap on that. No way!"

Quick didn't look bad against Frost Murphy. I'd say he was actually controlling the fight and I was damn near half cheering for him when he moved into side control. I'll admit it, I WANTED him to transition to twister side control and head for the truck. While I'm sitting here like a dumbass with visions of a Twister dancing in my head, I hear "Tap! Tap!" and both guys stand up. They announce Murphy as the winner via submssion, but I have no clue how he got the tap.

So, Quick shows up, fights, taps a brown, and then gets tapped by a brown. He also looked a lot better than that one video of him getting mashed. It could have been a lot worse.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    4/23/2010 10:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Treez View Post
    So, Quick shows up, fights, taps a brown, and then gets tapped by a brown. He also looked a lot better than that one video of him getting mashed. It could have been a lot worse.
    Murphy is a black belt. Woot GO DANIEL!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2010 1:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Word around the campfire is that Murphy submitted Quick with an arm crush. Quick was supposed to be up on points 6-5.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12