3/04/2010 8:53am

Style: BJJ, TKD, Lifting+Cardio

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hapkido leaves you open to MANY MANY MANY ATTACKS

YouTube- King of Hapkido

BJJ does not

YouTube- Garcia and Gurgel rolling (1)
    Last edited by CarlosJesena; 3/04/2010 8:57am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2010 9:41am

Style: Bjj / Mexican Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzomalan View Post
    hapkido83-
    lo que los artes marciales casi no se enfocan es cuando la pelea va al suelo. es posible obtener el "KO" cuando alguien se acerca a ti, pero si el objeto de la otra persona es llevarte al suelo, de un modo o otro, te van a llevar al suelo. es posible que obtengas una sumision de tipo hapkido, pero es mas probable que no. eso fue lo que enseno Royce Gracie en los primeros UFC's, cuando no tenian limites de tiempo, jueces, o casi reglas.
    en tu experiencia, como falla el jiu jitsu brasileno?
    What Martial arts almost never focus on is the time when fights go to the ground. It is possible to obtain a KO when somebody is close tu you; But if the goal of the other person is taking you to the ground, one way or another, you are going to end there. it is possible to obtain a "hapkido-type" submission, but is more likely that you won't. That's what Royce Gracie taught us at the firts UFC's when time limits and judges did not exist and rules barely existed.

In your experience, how does BJJ Fail?

Deutsch auch?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/04/2010 11:07am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hapkido83 View Post
    I have the luck of living in Panama were we have a black belt 9th dan Master that teaches us his marrtial arts knowledge and believe that a person that masters hapkido can defeaneatly destroy any bjj pro just because of the fact that hapkido is meant to cripple you in 1 second bjj is only for the floor and against more than 1 person there is no way you can win using bjj > iam saying all this becasue ive had it with all the gracie publicity theyre doing know of day brazilian jj has been around very short altough very effective in a mma fight in the street its unless is a long lasting fight there isnt muuch that can be don asian martial arts have secrets kept for 1oo of years. would lke opinions.

Teh Deadly!!!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2010 1:28pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First of all, I understand that English may not be your first language, but for the love of god use periods, ".", between your sentences. If you are trying to construct an argument it helps if it comes across as a rational thought. I speak a second language quite poorly but I can still separate my sentences.

Anyway, I have a black belt in Hapkido, and I trained under a "Master". I currently train in BJJ and am a blue belt. I can say without question that I am 100 times better at fighting as a BJJ blue belt than a Hapkido black belt. All that time I spent in Hapkido is just time I could have been in BJJ, but at least I learned my lesson a long time ago. I suggest you do the same.

Posted On:
    4/01/2010 1:09am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

hapkido works

I studied Tang Soo Do for 12 years and have a high ranking belt. For the past two and a half I have been studying hapkido bot are Korean Martial arts and both effective but I prefer the DEFENSIVE/SOFT art of Hapkido. Though it is catagorized as a "soft" art it is truely effective and will take any BJJ fighter and dislocat their joints and/or tear tendins while using pressure points and propper technique.

Posted On:
    4/01/2010 1:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why so hostile?

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    4/01/2010 1:39am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aizu View Post
    Though it is catagorized as a "soft" art it is truely effective and will take any BJJ fighter and dislocat their joints and/or tear tendins while using pressure points and propper technique.
    But... can you cripple him? In under 1 second?

Good thing that BJJ fighters don't know anything about pressure and proper technique. BJJ fighters are all meatheads anyways.

HULK SMASH!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2010 2:19am

Style: bjj (blue) Judo (green)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never mind killing us with Hapkido.........you have murdered the English language with your spelling and sentence structure. I've taken more poetic dumps.
    Last edited by kayman101; 4/01/2010 2:26am at .

Posted On:
    4/01/2010 2:46am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aizu View Post
    I studied Tang Soo Do for 12 years and have a high ranking belt. For the past two and a half I have been studying hapkido bot are Korean Martial arts and both effective but I prefer the DEFENSIVE/SOFT art of Hapkido. Though it is catagorized as a "soft" art it is truely effective and will take any BJJ fighter and dislocat their joints and/or tear tendins while using pressure points and propper technique.
    Hey, saying hapkido is a soft art shows how little you know. It is widely known that hapkido encompasses hard and soft techniques.

Posted On:
    4/01/2010 3:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But BJJ is gay. BJJ > Hapkido
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast