Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 11:36am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: soon moo hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ive been assaulted alot of time i guess iam little paranoid just want to be prepared.

Light Heavyweight

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 11:40am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You would think that if Hapkido was so effective for real life scenarios, many police departments and militarys would be teaching it as the primary form of empty hand defense...

Oh...that's right...they teach BJJ (or variations of it). I wonder why police departments and militarys around the world got it wrong?

Also...BJJ is just as much "attack and destroy" as any martial art is. Where the **** are you getting your ass-backward information from?

Question for your real-life experiences. If you needed to kill somebody, what would be easier? Punching them to death or choking them?

Ninja Fruit

Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger First Class5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 11:50am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are there no BJJ based MMA schools in Panama? Perhaps a student at a BJJ school would accept a challenge from you so that you could demonstrate the superiority of Hapkido.

I believe that a challenge on mats and with limited protective equipment would suffice. That way nobody need die, but you could still prove your point.

It would be delightful if you could videotape the challenge and show the world the results of your encounter. Best of luck!

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation Second Class1 year registeredCreated Album pictures

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 12:13pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree that hapkido is very dangerous. It seems that so many people overlook the usefulness of hapkido in all of its hundreds of incarnations. Just the other day a guy walked up to me on the street, I asked him what time it was and he said "4:13". Immediately I grabbed his wrist and took him to the ground and crippled him in under 1 second. I don't want anybody telling me it was 4:13. Who does he think he is? At that point, when he was crippled, I grabbed his watch, turned it ahead a couple of minutes to about 4:15 and gave it back. At that point, I had trouble putting his watch back on because I accidentally removed his wrist when I crippled him. Embarrassed, I decided to help so I went to find some duct tape. On the way to the hardware store, a kid kicked his ball close to me. When he ran up to get it, ... well, you know what happened. Crippled. There he was, crying on the ground, so I went and picked up his ball and crippled that too. In under 1 second. I can't believe how good that made me feel. So I took the crippled ball and found a hardware store (I didn't forget about the guy whose wrist I removed). The store greeter looked at me funny because I was carrying a crippled ball and a watch that at this point said 4:32. He was about to say something and then... crippled. Other people came over. You wouldn't believe how many people I crippled that day. IN UNDER 1 SECOND. Guy in red jacket: crippled. Woman in purple scarf: crippled. Dog with happy face: crippled. Cardboard cutout of Bob Villa: crippled. But I don't want to brag. I bought duct tape and fixed the first guy's wrist. Then I ate a cheeseburger.

Ninja Fruit

Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger First Class5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 1:55pm

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I started reading uncle skippys post and now I'm crippled.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation Second Class1 year registeredCreated Album pictures

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 1:59pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    I started reading uncle skippys post and now I'm crippled.
    In under 1 second, I bet.

Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 2:07pm

Style: BJJ, formerly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In all honesty, buddy, stuff like "Asians have studied the body and chi for centuries" smacks of ignorance, and racially oriented worship.

Everyone's been studying the body for centuries. What makes you think 'their' medicine is better than 'western' medicine?

my doctor's Taiwanese, his name's Craig. I wish he would use more ginseng and less penecillin

If you're sick of the gracies and 'non-asian MA's', go start smashing BJJ guys. You will definitely be noticed.

solves problems with violence

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 2:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hapkido83 View Post
    ive been assaulted alot of time i guess iam little paranoid just want to be prepared.
    it's ok. show us on the doll where the bad men touched you.

you'll feel better.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 2:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    you'll feel better.
    But that's what the bad man said.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 3:12pm

Style: MMA + Harmonica

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a habit of punching my hand a couple of times after training. I did it after my first hapkido lesson and my hand broke. In under 1 second
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast