Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/15/2011 9:42am

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are going to be in Japan in May anyways, that's absolutely the way to go. Shipping to Canada was around 6000 yen, wouldn't be much different for you.

As far as KuSakura - yes, the quality and most importantly the fit is the thing. I don't think anybody else offers the range of sizes they do - maybe Toraki but only in their super-heavyweight competition model. Toraki makes a good comp uniform but it's not what I'm looking for. Also the quality of the fabric is not near as nice.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/26/2011 10:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not sure if these two were covered, but didn't feel like reading all the reviews as i'm on a time limit at work!

Just got the Gameness Elite..... and it's so damn comfortable and light, plus it looks great as well. Little pricey in the high $200's.

I also have an Animalwear Gi which is my second best, now they are about 99.00. Very light and durable.

Koral is always a good buy, and you can't really go wrong with those.

The worst gi i've ever owned has been the Lucky Gi........ i bought it in an A3 (my size), and it started out well. Wasn't overly comfortable however. The stitching frayed easily, and when washed (I've been washing gi's for over 20 years, so it wasn't user error before anyone says it), it shrunk SO much..... i'd say more than one size. Definately smaller even than an A2 when i had it maybe for 3 months. So for the price especially, i expected better.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2011 4:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Might as well add in my gi experiences. I currently own three.

The first is a black eagle gold weave http://www.black-eagle.co.uk/bjjgigo...te-p-2015.html

It is very heavy and tough, I have had no problems with it regarding shrinkage, or tears of any kind. I imagine it's uncomfortable to train with in summer though, and the price black eagle are asking for it is too much in my opinion. I got mine brand new from a black belt for something like 40. Recommended only if you can get it for cheap.

My second gi is a Blitz Lutador http://livingstonmartialarts.co.uk/b...i-lutador.html (this website sells it for 50 with a free belt, I got it for 40 somewhere without a belt). It is probably my favorite one - value for money, tough, and lighter than my black eagle. I would recommend this to anyone, it's light enough for summer training.

For christmas I got a white tatami zero g http://www.tatamifightwear.com/produ...?id_product=82. It's the most I've had to pay for a gi, and it's certainly light. You will have to check your kit bag to see if you've remembered to pack it, it's that light. The trousers have a rope cord as well although I find this tends to untie more than the flat cotton ones you typically find on gi. My major problem with this gi is how much the trousers have shrunk, and this is without me washing it at a high temperature nor tumble-drying it. The trousers no longer cover my ankle bones and I'm pretty sure this means it's not legal for most BJJ tournaments (which is the reason I got it in the first place, so I had a competition gi). Even the collar is quite thin, it's easier to get choked by this compared to my other gi. Couldn't recommend this.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2011 3:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't seen any mention of Fushida brand on here. I bought a Fushida gi for bjj back in December i believe, and man it is a great gi! The system of gi fitting is kind of a hassle but its really worth it, and the customer service is great! I really like the komodo gi except the ripstop pants (but i haven't read a bad review from anyone else yet), and I think Fushida started out as a Judogi company, so their judo gi's should be great also.

Even though I haven't tried or seen their judo versions, they claim that all their judo gi's are IJF approved, so maybe check into that and the v2 of the prestige and icon versions seem to be cheaper than the originals for some reason.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2011 7:06am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Love my Fushida. Actually have two of the Mantis (lightweight) model.

Here I am rocking in the Fushida the other night when my instructor sprung getting me to run a class for the first time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGYCK...layer_embedded

I like ripstop pants, although prefer my Mundial No.7's over the Fushida, although they are still good. Jacket and collar is great and fits like a glove on me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2011 1:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also have the mundials 7 pants when they were on sale, but the ripstop material is so much difference between the atama and fushida, the fushida pants is more stiff and although the atama pants is more flexible and softer, it feels very slippery

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/21/2011 4:46pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree that the Fushida pants are more stiff (which is why I prefer wearing the Atama's) however I do get a lot of comments from people about how hard the Fushida's are to grip. Feels like an unfair advantage sometimes.

Posted On:
    3/22/2011 1:11pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have 1 gi, an Atama A5, fits me perfect, pants could be a bit smaller though.

Looking for a Gi that fits similar to Atama in White. What should I try next. My Atama started to tear yesterday after 8yrs.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    4/12/2011 11:52pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345