Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2010 12:33am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've got a double-weave Wacoku which was my first gi, and was craptastic. But my second gi I've had for a year and a bit, a Fuji. And it rocks. Isn't even showing signs of ripping or fraying yet, except for a little right at the back of the collar, and it's had damned regular use.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    5/14/2010 11:58am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tenebrous, the newer Vulkans are preshrunk, FYI. Mine has barely shrunk at all with constant abusive washing.

Gold Summit Martial Arts Institute

Posted On:
    5/14/2010 12:14pm

Style: Ba Zheng Dao Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm curious about why the adidas gi ranks so low. Does anyone have any comments about those?

Authentic Kung Fu in Buffalo, NY

http://www.buffalokungfu.com

http://www.laoshierinmarkle.com

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/14/2010 2:22pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm actually pretty surprised about the Howard gi's too. Those seem to be pretty good quality.

Posted On:
    2/14/2011 9:02pm

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a quick note to say that if you are looking for KuSakura, I highly recommend Budo Export. They are some French guys living in Japan. Don't be put off by the French website - send them mail, they correspond in fluent English and give great service. Plus currently 11% off the prices you get at the Kodokan shop.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    2/14/2011 11:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Just a quick note to say that if you are looking for KuSakura, I highly recommend Budo Export. They are some French guys living in Japan. Don't be put off by the French website - send them mail, they correspond in fluent English and give great service. Plus currently 11% off the prices you get at the Kodokan shop.
    holy crap. i am actually looking into getting a kusakura. thanks!
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    2/14/2011 11:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by creole3687 View Post
    forget a glorified robe, jeans and a t shirt are fine with me
    I strongly suggest you don't look at the KuSakura pricing then, unless you're partial to $300 jeans...

Judogi are equipment required for judo. If you're going to play judo, you need the glorified robe. Some of us just like 'em a little more glorified than others.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/15/2011 6:36am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, KFM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I gotta recommend Black-Eagle.co.uk. They do nice, solid gis at a reasonable price (they seem to have discounts going a lot of the time) and recently started offering half-sizes, which are great. I found going half a size up on the recommendation and warm washing it once works a treat (though the pants are still a little big).

Posted On:
    2/15/2011 9:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    holy crap. i am actually looking into getting a kusakura. thanks!
    You might want to move today, it's the last day of their sale. Their regular prices are still cheaper than the Kodokan's though.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    2/15/2011 9:27am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    You might want to move today, it's the last day of their sale. Their regular prices are still cheaper than the Kodokan's though.
    i probably want the IJF certified one(not on sale) as i will need a competition legal judogi, and both my mzuno eurocomps are 1) now illegal in some competitions, and 2) have sleeves that have shrunk on me to the point where even if the eurocomp was still legal, would be illegal.

right now, the only mizuno that are IJF certified and available for purchase are the made in japan ones that cost about as much as the kusakura ones.

also i will be in japan in may and hope to go get one at their shop in person, get the best possible fit and save on shipping costs. to be honest, the main appeal of kusakura is the variety of cuts they offer, in addition to knowing that as a product made in japan, they will be very well made and will last.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast