230550 Bullies, 3605 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 4 of 4
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Robstafarian is offline
    Robstafarian's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,823

    Posted On:
    2/25/2010 1:41pm


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Sources for Millett Iron Sights?

    I have been thinking about getting new sights for my RIA GI (otherwise known as a Rock Island 1911A1) for a few months now and recently came across a design I liked in the new MidwayUSA master catalog. Unfortunately, the item listing was bullshit; all of Millett's iron sights have been discontinued for months. I am looking for the MK10005 rear sight and the S018502 front sight (I'll also take the S018501 front sight), and I have no idea if there's some other model number for when the two are a set.

    Do any of you know where I might can get a set, or of any places that generally have remainder parts?

    In case any of you are familiar with other sights that give a similar sight picture, here's the design (the alternative front sight is the same design with a white bar):


    Sorry, I can't provide a better picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

    What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

    That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.
  2. autospike is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    12

    Posted On:
    2/25/2010 2:10pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    www.opticsplanet.com

    But their online inventory system seems sketchy to me. I would call and talk to someone and make certain it's in stock.

    I really think that you're going to be out of luck though. I don't think they have had sights in their catalog for some time.
  3. Robstafarian is offline
    Robstafarian's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,823

    Posted On:
    2/25/2010 2:57pm


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, but they don't have what I'm after; the closest thing they have is the MK10004, which is the same design with a "dual crimp" (as opposed to stake-on) front site. As much as I like this design, I'm not going to turn my standard front site mount into a proprietary one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

    What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

    That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.
  4. Robstafarian is offline
    Robstafarian's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,823

    Posted On:
    2/27/2010 2:57am


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just put in an order with Sarco for the rear sight; it shouldn't be too hard to find a front sight to go with it. Thanks to Sarco's minimum order policy, I now have two more magazines headed my way (along with a pouch in which to carry them).
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

    What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

    That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.