Posted On:
    3/01/2010 12:41am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Home invasion?

Shotgun.

Back up? Any hand gun that suits your fancy.

Just remember. Shotgun looks big when staring down the barrel, makes big sound and bigger pattern.

Sick is the sound of a 12 gauge being chambered.

Who the **** brings a knife to a gun fight?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2010 1:04am

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with the use of a shotgun for home defense.

And the only way someone is going to hear the sound of my shotgun getting racked is if they are the second guy and he is stupid enough to stick around for a while. After his friend gets a full load.

Mine has 7 round in the gun and a bandolero with 20 more "assorted" rounds. Just in case they brought an army of idiots to break into my house. That is not including the fact that My Wife is on backup with a similar setup. I backup my shotgun with my G21sf.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    3/01/2010 1:09am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Home invasion?

Shotgun.

Back up? Any hand gun that suits your fancy.

Just remember. Shotgun looks big when staring down the barrel, makes big sound and bigger pattern.

Sick is the sound of a 12 gauge being chambered.

Who the **** brings a knife to a gun fight?
    Either the guy without a gun or the dude with a knife on his gun ...

I got to see and shoot a Taurus Judge the other day . Man, that is a great little machine .

I swear I laughed and asked my buddy why he bought such an expensive looking flare gun when he was first taking it out of the hard case . I hadn't heard or seen anything about them .

I thought it was great fun and real easy to shoot . It might be a good side kick to a twelve gauge .

even if there is no aftermarket bayonet mod ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2010 1:43am

Style: Justice/Firearms

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So we need a shotgun because it sounds scary and shoots just as scary things at you. But it has a limited ammo capacity. Rifle! High ammo capacity, scary bullet but too big for responsible urban use. Hand gun, variable bullet size, variable ammo capacity, but easy to miss under stressful conditions. Well I can only think of one known weapon that is suitable for home defense.

YouTube- ALIENS Pulse Rifle M41-A shoots real ammunition, not blanks video 2

Shotgun - Check
    High ammo capacity - Check
    Variable ammo sizes - check
    Handgun sized "urban responsible" rounds - check
    Fucking awesome weapon - double check

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    3/01/2010 9:57am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My SOP is as follows.

If I hear a unknown noise. I grab my 357 and take a walk around the house. I know the area better then any robber, and chances are it is not anything to worry about. If I hear an obvious sound of a door kicking in or window being smashed, I'm going to do one of three things.

1) If it's day light, I'm just going to grab a pistol and go look (or if no pistol is near, go look anyway).

2) If it is night time, put my wife in the closet with the gun safe (in our bedroom) and tell her to shoot anyone who opens the door who doesn't first use our code word. Then check the house to see what is going on. This is for if I don't here people in the house (maybe kids screwing around after midnight broke my window). My closet is 6x10 like a wide hallway.

3) If I hear people after said noise, I'm going to hold up in the closet with my wife and call the police. Anything that opens that door gets shot.
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Posted On:
    3/01/2010 12:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    Well when you put it that way, you make it sound like I should get a steel helmet from World War II from a gun show and wear it with the straps hanging just to complete the silhouette.
    Well, you are talking about using a 30-06 for home defense...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2010 4:34pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooded Justice View Post
    So we need a shotgun because it sounds scary and shoots just as scary things at you. But it has a limited ammo capacity. Rifle! High ammo capacity, scary bullet but too big for responsible urban use. Hand gun, variable bullet size, variable ammo capacity, but easy to miss under stressful conditions. Well I can only think of one known weapon that is suitable for home defense.

YouTube- ALIENS Pulse Rifle M41-A shoots real ammunition, not blanks video 2

Shotgun - Check
    High ammo capacity - Check
    Variable ammo sizes - check
    Handgun sized "urban responsible" rounds - check
    Fucking awesome weapon - double check

It looks like a fun option, but I could get a 9mm AR and have a shotgun mounted to the bottom.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2010 5:56pm

Style: Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfistmonkey View Post
    I got to see and shoot a Taurus Judge the other day . Man, that is a great little machine .

I swear I laughed and asked my buddy why he bought such an expensive looking flare gun when he was first taking it out of the hard case . I hadn't heard or seen anything about them .

I thought it was great fun and real easy to shoot . It might be a good side kick to a twelve gauge .

even if there is no aftermarket bayonet mod ...
    The Judge is a fun and interesting conversation or plinking piece, but I wouldn't advocate one for home defense at all.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2010 6:34pm

Style: Justice/Firearms

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher66071 View Post
    It looks like a fun option, but I could get a 9mm AR and have a shotgun mounted to the bottom.

Yes you could but then you would have an AR with a shotgun attached and not an M41A Pulse Rifle. Also I think the guy used a 9mm thompson. I recall seeing in the movie Predator a character(Billy) had an M16 with an under barrel shotgun. I notice that all these shotguns are pump action, why don't they use the semi autos like hunting shotguns or the Benelli M4? You could probably cut them down to fit carbine models or keep full size for rifles. I'd love to have a full size M16 with like a Remington 1100 underneath.

Looking at the box o truth website which is awesome, the first article has the guy shooting several different size rounds through some drywall and pine boards. Gives a decent idea of what kind of penetration you can expect from pistol rounds fired in homes.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot1.htm
    Last edited by Hooded Justice; 3/01/2010 6:42pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2010 6:43pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooded Justice View Post
    Yes you could but then you would have an AR with a shotgun attached and not an M41A Pulse Rifle. Also I think the guy used a 9mm thompson. I recall seeing in the movie Predator a character(Billy) had an M16 with an under barrel shotgun. I notice that all these shotguns are pump action, why don't they use the semi autos like hunting shotguns or the Benelli M4? You could probably cut them down to fit carbine models or keep full size for rifles. I'd love to have a full size M16 with like a Remington 1100 underneath.

That over under combo from preditor is called the locksmith. Its to pop the lock with a slug then clear room with the rifle. I dont know about modern designs I left the military in 96. I think one problem with the semi is that you need more of the weapon compared to breach loading shotguns.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast