This.

Plus knees.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2010 5:36pm

Style: Backyard Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy **** I just had an epiphany. At least this fights with no rules will prove the fuckin' chunners wrong and shut them the hell up.

(I can have wishful thinking damn it.)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2010 6:46pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We saw people attempt elbows to the spine and other typical chunner "anti-grapple" in the early UFCs. There's always some other justification, such as the chun was made for multiple opponents, so naturally it fails against 1. We can all go break every chunner's arms and legs and they would still believe they're the superior style. It comes down to the cult effect.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2010 7:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PimpDawg View Post
    We saw people attempt elbows to the spine and other typical chunner "anti-grapple" in the early UFCs. There's always some other justification, such as the chun was made for multiple opponents, so naturally it fails against 1. We can all go break every chunner's arms and legs and they would still believe they're the superior style. It comes down to the cult effect.

Wouldn't the breaking part be the fun part ? Who cares what they believe. When I go watch the UFC ppvs or the local shows that come though Omaha I still hear the TUF noobs talk about how Bruce Lee or some other movie guy would clean up in the cage if not for that particular style being "too d34dly".

You'll never see the top pros doing this for reasons posted already but now there is a place to point to and tell the RBSD frauds "Put or shut up" or at least tell them that their antigrapple was tested in a NHB fight and it still doesn't work.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/22/2010 9:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think bareknuckle MMA will ever really die. Part of MMA's appeal is that it's considered the purest sport, so an even less restrictive ruleset is bound to attract some followers.

The real question is if any good, young fighters will get their start in Vale Tudo-style organizations like in years past:

YouTube- IVC return promo video

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    2/22/2010 10:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    In any fight with rules there are unanswered questions regarding headbutts, fish hooking, biting, groin shots, etc. By your logic shouldn't we allow that too? I'm saying if you're fighting for sport it should be reasonably safe and entertaining.
    Well, yeah, assuming that both fighters agree to it with full knowledge of the consequences. The thing is, a lot of people DON'T train to fight for sport, they claim to train for the STREET, right? Well, this gives them an outlet to crash and burn. Who cares about ripping off stupid people? If some idiot thinks he has the real magic ki blast that'll only work without rules, then damn, give him an arena in which to test it. The real athletes who want to make careers out of the MMA sport will stay far enough away, and we get to see people test their **** "for real."

On another note...
    YouTube- TFC5-4

Around 7:30, did one guy lose a point for a ring out? If so, I think we've found a promotion to finally see sumo-tori have a legitimate avenue for victory!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123