Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/21/2010 4:47pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Robson Pereira

Ive been reading alot of past posts about this guy. I just started looking into this gym, trained there 3 times now in the past week. I am 15 minutes from his gym, and it was recommended to me by a buddy from another gym I use to train at. I just paid a crapload of money to start up and get all the Pereira gear he wants me to have in order to roll and fight under his name.

Mainly, im posting this to see if any of you guys have something you want me to do just so I can settle this for the sake of my own mind. I can't train under this guy after hearing all this, unless it gets settled. If it is found that this guy is a fake, I plan on getting my money back quick. Most of what you guys have posted about him being BS has been true, for instance him refusing to roll with me stating that hes been sick.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2010 9:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The guy can not verify where he got his original black belt from. It appears that he was involved in some type of scam to get his 2nd degree from Rigan Machado, who now says Robson is no longer part of his association. He appears to have been involved in yet another scam to get promoted to 3rd degree by Prof. Mansour. He has been booted from at least 2 gyms in the Lehigh Valley (Rat Pack, O2 oxyfit) for his "shady" claims. He has moved his own school serveral times, I assume (but don't know for sure) because of his shadiness.

Ask him about his original BJJ Black Belt. See if he can prove that he was legitmately promoted. Watch him roll (if he ever does). Follow your instincts based on what he says and does.

Posted On:
    2/22/2010 11:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The writeup is here: http://www.bullshido.org/Robson_Pereira

Ask Pereira about "Maurice Sakata", if you want to get a song and dance. Try to get contact information. Note that this is not Mario Sukata, who actually exists.

I don't know if it's possible to get your money back, but if you want to do some research, Sakata is one of the big unanswered questions.

Posted On:
    2/22/2010 1:45pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll be sure to ask him these questions when I head in tomorrow. Could definitely get my money back, could have him investigated for fraud as well. I've seen him roll one time, it was with a blue belt which Ive trained with for a while. Blue belt passed his guard, and he then claimed he was tired and stopped rolling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2010 5:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yikes, here it goes again!

Posted On:
    2/22/2010 5:51pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrington119 View Post
    Blue belt passed his guard, and he then claimed he was tired and stopped rolling.
    Must have worked construction fifteen hours straight before he came in to teach...

Posted On:
    2/22/2010 6:52pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha, could be. His gym is very nice, and the Muay Thai instructor I know from another gym, and he's...2x world champion I believe? Can definitely learn from him. Thats a big reason I didnt suspect Robson as much...If he can get Eric to train twice a week out of his gym, figured he can't be that bad of a guy. But I'll have to let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Posted On:
    2/23/2010 8:20pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrington119 View Post
    Haha, could be.
    That was the excuse he used the time he got tapped by a Pedro Sauer white belt.

Posted On:
    2/24/2010 8:29pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry about not posting, rough day. Did get a chance to roll with Robson, although I completely forgot to ask him about the belt while I was rolling, will be sure to tomorrow, my apologies. Rolled no gi, an he definitely does have some skill. Ive never trained gi, have been training for two years, so technically im still a white belt since ive never been tested. He pretty much had his way with me, rolled for about ten minutes, with me starting in his guard each time. Tapped me with an anaconda, other than that, we spent the match with me in his guard, and some of it with him in side control. He's got about twenty pounds on me i'd say, either way, he isnt a complete fake atleast. Black belt level, i cant say for sure. I've rolled with better first degree blackbelts, but who knows if robson was going all out. I'll have to update tomorrow.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2010 1:40pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once again, I call bullshit.

You came on this site asking about the guy stating you had "concerns". You ask what you can do to clear it up and are told very specific questions to ask Robson. You give your assurance that you will ask and then when you roll with him, the very next day, you forget to ask. To make matters worse, you come back on here with the same old "he has some skills" crap we have heard 100 times before.

Sounds to me like SOMEONE figured out that if you start a thread which appears to be critical and then report back that all is well, people will often buy it.

I for one do not.

Either bring back the answers from the horse's mouth to the hard (although they should not be) questions regarding Sakata, the state and national titles or go back and report that the plan failed.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast