• Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/21/2010 11:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Emelianenko brothers at Russian Combat Sambo Championship

Saw this posted on Sherdog, so I thought I should share. Fedor won 2 fights and then pulled out due to injury and Aleks won the tournament.

Fedor fights:
    YouTube- •мелŒяненко Ф. 2ой бой MonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvоссия-2010
    YouTube- •мелŒяненко Ф. 1‹й бой MonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvоссия-2010

Aleks fights:
    YouTube- А.•мелŒяненко-š.СиделŒников.„инал+100.flv
    YouTube- А.•мелŒяненко 2ой бой

I hope we will see Aleks in MMA again.

Edit: WTF why did it fux0red the page layout?

is badder than you

Posted On:
    2/21/2010 11:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm guessing we can blame the Cyrillic characters. Not sure how the URL-mutilation part got triggered, but that might be it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    2/21/2010 7:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cool, what gets me is how Combat Sambo, at least to an outsider like me, looks so similar to mma and yet fedor fights much differently in each

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/22/2010 4:13pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw that Aleks won this last one but Fedor didn't enter. Would love to see Aleks fight in the states, just not sure what's up with all the "iffy blood" rumors.

Posted On:
    2/22/2010 4:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't the reason Aleksander isn't fighting in he US somehow related to his criminal record denying him entry, or am I simply quoting Sherdog retards here?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/22/2010 5:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Isn't the reason Aleksander isn't fighting in he US somehow related to his criminal record denying him entry, or am I simply quoting Sherdog retards here?
    I've never heard that so I'm guessing it's just the Sherdog retards being ummm, retarded. ;) But I could be wrong. I know there's been a strong rumor coming from the Headhunter that Aleks has Hep. B or something along those lines. It's the hep that you can get a vaccine for but still hep. And that was the reason the fight with him and Paul was cancelled. I'm pretty sure Aleks and made it to the states so that should kill the criminal record story. I think all this happened for Affliction 1 but it could have been the 2nd show.

And this was all via an interview with Paul I remember reading. Aleks and his camp has denied it but he has yet to fight someplace that does valid blood work. He's also said he would fight in the UFC so I'm guess he can't. Again, I don't know for a fact that he has Hepatitis B, but it's been a pretty strong rumor for a while now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2010 2:48pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a couple of years old, but...

"Emelianenko was slated to take on Paul Buentello at Affliction's inaugural event on July 19, but was abruptly removed from the card for failing to meet the necessary licensing requirements according to CSAC officials at the time. However in the following weeks, amidst rumors of Emelianenko potentially testing positive for Hepatitis B, CSAC represenative Bill Douglas stated that Emelianenko would never be allowed to fight in the USA again.

"The one thing that I can absolutely say is that he was not and will not be cleared to fight in California." Douglas said back in August. "He is officially licensed denied and that will stand for all of the United States of America".

From: http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/al...or-affliction/

Posted On:
    2/25/2010 3:58pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think that for alex it is a pity that he will be forever (or for a long time) in the shadow of his big brother ... they are both great warriors... but on the other way most MMA fighters are in the fedor's shadow :)