Page 5 of 5 First 12345
    Style
    BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by duralmaru View Post
    All hapkido is based off the quality of the instructor, if you do not learn the proper joint manipulation and pressure points along with the correct foot work. It really doesn't matter what style of hapkido you take. I study the ups and downs I call it :) Hapkido for ups and BJJ for downs and I can tell you the instructor is all that matters.
    Thank you for bumping a thread with a post that contributed nothing.

Style
    Hapkido/GJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I used to do combat hapkido we used to "roll" full resistance grappling once in awhile and spar sometimes. But we spent a lot of time doing chokes, holds and weapons stuff and self defense scenarios. It seems to me also that the art is becoming more firearm based which is a good thing.

Style
    Recovery(lung surgeries)
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A seven year thread necro. Let's see what is brought to the table which just could not be missed and just had to be posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Johnson View Post
    When I used to do combat hapkido we used to "roll" full resistance grappling once in awhile and spar sometimes.
    Ok nothing much has changed here. A little randori ... compliant training and light to medium contact under restrictive and isolated rulesets.

But we spent a lot of time doing chokes, holds and weapons stuff and self defense scenarios.
    More 1,2,3 step compliant drills. Weapon forms, striking air, and more compliant drilling... same old bullshit.
    It seems to me also that the art is becoming more firearm based which is a good thing.
    ... and you have started to flat out lie or are full of crap or possibly just a mislead child talking out of your ass?
    You people have a gun range?
    Gun safety?
    CCW courses?
    Tactical shooting?

What the hell are you talking about Chris? You are not making any sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Page 5 of 5 First 12345