Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lord Of the Rhymes

Posted On:
    2/16/2004 2:01am

Style: Pimpin/Tango-thanks Xango

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unless you count Carlos Newton's Kamehameha. But everyone know's it was Roshi's sensei Kame-ryu that allowed him to send the Kamehameha...but it seems there's a secret application of the 108 movements form, passed to a secret ninja line of Wu tai chi practitioner, that, if you're good to your sifu, will teach you to do the Genki Dama....
    Canuckyokushin:

These women can do back flips right over my head and still land on there feet .GRrrrrrrr!

THAT'S NOTHING, I USED TO KNOW SOME 12 YEAR-OLDS WHO COULD FIT INSIDE A SUITCASE AND STAY ALIVE FOR 7 OR WAS IT 6 HOURS

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2004 2:53am

Style: BJJ / Kyokushinkai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember (before I had my accident) when I started WT in 1993, that we used to have challenges all the year. Ppl from other styles would visit and we would go to other schools. No beat down stuff but training together. That brought aliveness into the process of learning. No more WT vs. WT all the time. I learned a lot. Everybody would attack everybody.

But, here something has changed: everybody (not only WT) seems to go the way of comfort. Nobody wants to do this anymore, they just stick to their style. I mean this might only be like that where I live but every style has found a place and doesn't come out of it.

I remember my Si-Fu fighting other black belts with full gear on and we all learned a lot. The first time I fought a Muay Thai guy and he beat me extremely fast. I took that as something to train on and later fought Dacascos ppl and they were no problem. We also visited some Judo and Jiu Jiutsu schools (one is the official police school here) and we all took something to learn from it. Both styles.

That's what represents MA for me to be quite honest. Nowadays I train women who don't know how to fight how to yell and do certain movements of Blitz Defence. It's not my turf though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2004 4:20am

Style: WT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @Tae_Bo - Jolly Roger has answered your question. WT needed to be lauched, so hardcore demos and "challanges " were useful; now it's time for other "market niches"...
    Prone said it right: WT vs. WT all the time is what is offered nowadays. And since some years, noone comes to our gym to challenge the instructor, no people from outside the federation come to stages and seminars etc; etc. This interesting stuff has apparently moved to Thai/BJJ/Shooto environments.... :D

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2004 7:44am

Style: BJJ / Kyokushinkai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, and it will move to the next style after a few years. The value has been lost I guess, too bad that the EWTO isn't a newcomer...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2004 12:31pm

Style: WT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    apparently there are Emin's pupils in the US who train BJJ under Machado bros... so probably we'll soon see some Mixed WT/BJJ style entering the cage
    A wave of de-tai-chi-chuanization is arriving... :-P

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2004 10:38pm

Style: WingTsun Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello All, First Post ever. Well to the point. I a differnt perspective than most. I first studied WT back when Emin ran the AWTO (american WT organisation) Hard inyour face training lots of ground stuff that was over 6 yrs ago. I had to quit training due to finacial problems but now i am back. GM Leung Ting is now running 3 Areas where he spends most of his time in Asia. Makes his 3 month pass thru North America. Now the training is different. By this i mean less in your face more technique faster promotion witch is cool but to the purists of the art I want to learn to use my technique under pressure With Different styles. WT has been watered down I think only because With the fall out with Emin it just shook the who organisation up.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12