Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2010 10:41am

Style: The Sweet Science

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Up-kicks don't seem to be any more dangerous than plenty of legal techniques, even to a guy on his knees in my mind. Having said that the rules don't allow them and this sport DOES have rules. That's what we keep telling the people that want to shut it down. This is one, like the 12-6 elbows that I wouldn't mind seeing changed but I can't complain about the fight. All the ref did was enforce the rules as their written. One way or the other Jones looked great.
    I was pissed that I didn't get to see the Guida fight though; why they chose not to include it is beyond me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2010 12:19pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the record, during Vera's second up-kick Jones was standing. I thought he fouled again too, so I watched it again...no foul.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    3/23/2010 9:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tbubar View Post
    For the record, during Vera's second up-kick Jones was standing. I thought he fouled again too, so I watched it again...no foul.
    You sure he didn't just have one knee up and one knee down, like the previous one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/23/2010 11:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling, Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli View Post
    I believe individually he has A level striking and grappling, but it just hasn't been showing in his MMA fights. I personally would like to see what would happen if he was more defensive, threw strikes from the clinch and worked on his wrestling.

More throws, more teeps, more jits and defensive counter boxing would make GG a contender and maybe even a champ again.

Anyone think that Dos Santo could end Carwin or Lesnar?
    I thought Gonzaga was going to be somebody but he just cant pull it together. I also think he has a great skill set.

Its like he has no game plan or he gets flustered out of it quickly. In his defense he has always been fighting contenders but I never thought he would be a gatekeeper.
    I hope he can realize his potential.

Dos Santos is bad but he does not have much ground offense. His defense is ok but I am glad he is training with the Nogs, they ought to be able to improve him. Carwin, maybe but probably not. Lesner? No way...not now at least.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss View Post
    I realize I'm squeezing Caveman nuts really hard here, but he should automatically be a main-event fighter because win or lose, he always brings it.
    Neandertal nuts feel good! The prehistoric spaz is awesome...even when he loses, he is always COMPLETELY respectable and entertaining. I know he is a b level fighter (because of his unfortunate losses and his penchant for not quite finishing and then getting rocked!), but he should always be the co-main event because he is hilarious and unhinged!

I am bummed I missed it. It was my little ones 8th bday so I was surrounded by little girls, pizza, and screaming. Acceptable excuse IMO.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/24/2010 2:14am

Style: Em Tee/JewDough/BeeJayJay

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great showing by Dos Santos, feeling really bad for Vera though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/24/2010 8:24am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss View Post
    You sure he didn't just have one knee up and one knee down, like the previous one?
    Yes. I used the magic of Tivo to back it up, watch it again and pause it. Only 2 points of contact.

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    3/24/2010 8:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    - I thought the stoppage was because Jones had one knee on the ground, which Vera couldn't have seen IMO, and not because of the kick itself.

I think Jones could maybe swallowed up the rules, and could have behaved like a sportsman.

I mean, it was not a foul like when Crocop was kicked in the balls over and over.
    I didn't see anything unsportsmanlike about Jones performance. after the illegal kick he just looked over at the ref like, "is that allowed?". perfectly reasonable reaction. he didn't even take a long break, he just wanted to make sure the ref called it so it didn't happen again.

I believe the second one happened as soon as Bones stepped up on both feet, and that's why Jones didn't react to it like he did the first... it wasn't actually illegal.

Knowing the rules and playing by the rules is an important part of sport fighting on both sides.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 7:29am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can back up tbubar on the second upkick. Definitely no foul, although he did kneel within milliseconds of the upkick which gave the perception he was kneeling.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789