Our Sponsors:

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 12:44pm

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought Dos Santos looked excellent again.

Hav'nt seen much of his ground game yet but he trains with the Nogueira brothers so i'm betting it's pretty good. Must be in line for a title shot soon.

Bones Jones is a beast. He has to be the largest LW out there, he looked much bigger than Vera who regularly used to fight at Heavyweight.

(The whole up-kick thing is BS. what difference does it make if he had a knee on the ground or not?)

Kongo actually showed some wrestling skills i was rather suprised.

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 12:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    And Squerlli I agree, GG makes me sad. I feel like he's probably the most underrated fighter in the UFC. Fans have written him off as just a gatekeepr, but he's got a great skillset and pretty much every fight he's lost he was competitive in & could've won if things played out just a little differently (the fight with Carwin being a prime example).

I like Dos Santos too though which reduced the sting.
    I believe individually he has A level striking and grappling, but it just hasn't been showing in his MMA fights. He's not fast enough to throw high kicks like that (getting ko'd twice after beating cro-cop doesn't make hs cro-cop ko mean much at this point, especially now that cro-cop is gun-shy). I personally would like to see what would happen if he was more defensive, threw strikes from the clinch and worked on his wrestling.

More throws, more teeps, more jits and defensive counter boxing would make GG a contender and maybe even a champ again.

Anyone think that Dos Santo could end Carwin or Lesnar?

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 3:47pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    That was because you're not allowed to throw a "12 to 6" elbow from mount, which is what Jones did.
    Actually the fight was stopped because they asked Hamill if he could continue. He couldn't because Jones's takedown injured him, not because of the elbows.

Crib notes: Jones ends the fight with a takedown. Jones losses the fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 6:34pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It hurts just watching Jon Jones fight. I'm actually celebrating that I'm not Brandon Vera right now.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 7:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pretty sure the reset put Vera in a slightly better position than he was in before. Also pretty sure he threw the same damn upkick right after the restart, although the folks I was watching with said it hit Jones in the shoulder rather than the head. First time could have been an innocent mistake, second means something.

Do I think kicks and knees to the head should be legal if both fighters are downed? Yeah, I kind of do. But they're not, and that's that.

Q, it was a mediocre telecast - I still don't think there was anything wrong with the actual card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 7:17pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I couldn't believe how many fucking ads they could cram in on Australia's broadcast on OneHD. There were three sets before any fights came on, then the first round of one fight, ads, second round, ads, third round, ads, decision, ads, talking about UFC 111, ads, more talking, ads, more talking, ads, coming up next is this fight, ads, etc. I think they only managed to show four fights out of the whole card over 2 and a half hours.

I understand it was free to air and thus required much advertising revenue so being ultra pissed would be stupid, but I would've loved to have seen the other fights, even if people found it boring.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 11:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thought guida was on this? anyone have a run down of the complete card?

i enjoyed it. i dled it (watching tv is for fucking pebs) so no ads.

the **** did buentello do to his finger? it looked like he caught it on the cage as he was throwing a punch or something. that dude is fucking hard but man, he should lose some fat and fight in a lower division. he was getting pushed around and manhandled by a guy who looked twice his size. would like to know the strength difference between those two, must have been pretty fucking huge. those knees were vicious, but like the commentators said against a guy like buentello when you know exactly his gameplan, wrasslin for the win is different to wrasslin someone like Carwin.

The main fight was a bit of an anti climax, that was the elbow from hell though, broken orbital bone? it swelled up pretty much straight away. ugly. Vera looked like a skinny little kid next to Jones.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 11:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    thought guida was on this? anyone have a run down of the complete card?
    He was, and Sherdog does. I realize I'm squeezing Caveman nuts really hard here, but he should automatically be a main-event fighter because win or lose, he always brings it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2010 12:36am

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    First, he took time to rest, as I see it.
    And second, he demanded that they went back into the position before the foul.

Seeing that Vera in no way could have intended that, the fair gesture would have been to begin standing up again.

Let's be clear, I also don't particularly like BV, but I think JJ could have solved that better.
    I thought it was a good reset. Position definitely played a part in JJ's win. To stand them up after that upkick would mainly benefit BV.

There should be a punishment for fouls, intentional or not. I don't think JJ should have just let it slide. What exactly was he supposed to do?

I sure wouldn't like to see strikers exploit the rule set by randomly upkicking to get force a standup.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/23/2010 6:32am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this is going to sound insane, but i'm serious when i say that jones reminds me of fedor.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast