is badder than you

Posted On:
    2/21/2010 11:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    No, my main ninja. UFC 110 was a fucking card.
    Spoiler:
    Damn right it was, but they said Nog was on it, and the guy who got in the cage with Velasquez was clearly an impostor.

Anyways, do you remember... I think it was UFC 106? General consensus (myself included) was that three cards a month + pestilence = bottom of the barrel, and PPV buys were absolutely dismal... and then every single fight on the card wound up being a keg of dynamite? Seriously, it was as if Dana White met each fighter back stage and told them the prize for victory was that he wouldn't kill their family.

So don't write off a card too soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/21/2010 10:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So don't write off a card too soon.
    Screw that. The only fight I care about is GSP vs. BJ Penn. Any card without GSP vs. BJ Penn automatically SUCKS!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2010 5:19am

Style: Half-assery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brandon Vera vs Jon Jones - Via athleticism.
    Junior Dos Santos vs Gabriel Gonzaga - Via usually holding his own better against high end competition.
    Cheick Kongo vs Paul Buentello - Via one dimensional thrashing.
    Alessio Sakara vs James Irvin - Via being a middleweight longer.
    Duane Ludwig vs Spencer Fisher - Via spinning backfist.
    Clay Guida vs Shannon Gugerty - Via ground and pound goodness.
    Eliot Marshall vs Vladimir Matyushenko - Via former IFL champion.
    Brendan Schaub vs Chase Gormley - Via Ultimate Fighter training and getting a good camp.
    Mike Pierce vs Rob Kimmons - Via 14 submission wins.
    Eric Schafer vs Jason "Hitman" Brilz - Via no real reason.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    2/28/2010 3:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bang Ludwig vs Spencer Fischer could be a damn good match, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2010 1:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First of all, **** all that ****.

It's a fucking business, and it's a fucking sport. As much as I love playing football (you fuckers call it soccer) no one is going to pay to see me do it if I suck. I am not pissing on a guy's job, I'm exercising my rights as a consumer and viewer. I could give a **** about what guys go through and ****, they choose to do it, so it's their job and they damn well better be good at it. If they're not, they need to find another line of work.

Secondly, it's not free. You have to have Versus.

Thirdly, **** you. The card fucking sucks, PPV or not. And of course I won't be watching that ****. I have far more intersting things to watch, especially since I've acquired some new hentai DVDs and ****.
    Just because fighters don't have great records doesn't mean that they won't be entertaining fights. Buentello and Kongo are not great fighters, but it'll probably be fun to watch. Guida's not that great either, but always entertaining, same with Fischer. I don't think either of those two have ever let me down.

Versus comes with basic cable most places in the States. If you have cable, you have Versus. So to most of us, it's free, and I will definitely be watching it.

And even if you were really really good at soccer, I still wouldn't watch you play it because I don't watch sports where grown men fall down crying, clutching at imaginary injuries that clearly didn't happen. If I wanted that I could watch WWE. Now go jerk off to your Hentai.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2010 9:13pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PunchyMcFace View Post
    And even if you were really really good at soccer, I still wouldn't watch you play it because I don't watch sports where grown men fall down crying, clutching at imaginary injuries that clearly didn't happen. If I wanted that I could watch WWE. Now go jerk off to your Hentai.
    That's mainly Ronaldo doing that. You can find plenty of footballers who do NOT start rolling around and pretending to be terribly injured.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/01/2010 9:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    EVERY game ive watched that happens at least once. its a game for fucking manginas. gay as ****.

('._.)

Posted On:
    3/02/2010 5:30pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fake Macoy View Post
    That's mainly Ronaldo doing that. You can find plenty of footballers who do NOT start rolling around and pretending to be terribly injured.
    What a load of ****. Drogba and Gerrard are worse than Ronaldo, to name two examples.

I love the sport and watch at least 2-3 games a week but to deny the fact that theres a shitload of diving is just plain retarded. Like Alex said it happens every game and I believe the refs dont treat it harshly enough. They should start handing out bans for it, that would be the only way to end it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2010 1:06am

Style: Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ya'll know what would really fix football?
    Spoiler:
    DEEZ NUTS

Jon Jones via decapitation. I see VS is still down on Directv due to "Comcast's outrageous fees".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2010 8:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Josh View Post
    Be a fan of the sport and criticize the card after it airs. Instead of pissing on a guy's job before he even gets a chance to perform it.
    this

Paul fucking Buenetello? That ************ needs to retire.
    why, exactly? before Struve, his last 2 losses were against champions, and let's not forget that Buentello knocked Struve, a 6'11' giant out of the air when he went for a flying knee.

Brandon "The Truth" Vera vs Jon "Bones" Jones
    Bones is "jonesing" for a redemption after his underwhelming dq loss to a Matt Hamill he was clearly dominating. Vera, on the other hand, has been lackluster recently, failing to effectively finish a Couture he knocked down twice, leading me to believe he lacks a killer instinct. he was also less than impressive in his decision over Soszynski.

Junior "Cigano" Dos Santos vs Gabriel "Napao" Gonzaga
    dos Santos has been beating better competition recently, with wins over Yvel, Cro Cop, Struve and Werdum. Napao was solid against Tuchscherer, but didn't impress me (well, besides that awesome groin kick).

Cheick Kongo vs Paul "The Headhunter" Buentello
    it could go either way, imo, but i give the edge to Buentello because he was kicked out halfway through his camp before the Struve fight. I believe he's got a more stable camp this time around. Kongo is coming off his first (essentially) KO loss in years, so that's either put the fear or the flame in him.

Alessio "Legionarius" Sakara vs James "The Sandman" Irvin
    whatever.

Duane "Bang" Ludwig vs Spencer "The King" Fisher
    should be a good one, can't guess either way.

Clay "The Carpenter" Guida vs Shannon Gugerty
    wins because he refuses to stop.

Eliot "The Fire" Marshall vs Vladimir "The Janitor" Matyushenko
    Mat's last three losses, over the past 10 years, have been Little Nog (whom he also holds a win over), Arlovski, and Tito Ortiz. why should he lose?

Brendan "The Hybrid" Schaub vs Chase Gormley
    Mike Pierce vs Rob "The Rosedale Reaper" Kimmons
    Eric "Red" Schafer vs Jason "Hitman" Brilz
    eh... hopefully they'll be fun to watch.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast