Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 8:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wladimir Klitschko v Fast Eddie

Well, as no-one has posted anything, I thought I'd mention that Wlad beat Fast Eddie with a KO12 about 5 seconds form the End.

It was PPV on Primetime (never heard of them) on VirginMedia cable here in Londinium (London to you) and it was very basic. Big Wlad, all 6ft 6+" and 245lbs was far to big for Fast Eddie. The tactic was quite simply one of Left Jab, Right Cross. Leave the left hand in his Face to distract and try to plant the Big Right Cross. It was wholly uncompetitive and I think Wlad only took one decent punch to the Face.

Shortcomings? Wlad's head was stuck up in the air throughout. He never moves it and only goes back in a straight line. There was no lateral movement, no feinting, no combination punches, 1 (yep, I counted it) Uppercut, and the only Hook I saw was the one that laid out Eddie.

Manny Steward was amusing (inadvertently) when advising Wlad that "he knows now that you're no Dummy so let the Hands go". He didn't.

The KO when it arrived, was right out of the Blue. It was a Hook (probably the first of the night) and Eddie was OUT. He went down like he was dead and ended lying across the bottom strand of rope. He was out for sometime and needed some medical care. The ungenerous thought occured to me that if he'd gone down in the first, he'd have saved himself quite a bit of pain and punishment.

Wlad may be too big for David Haye but I think the the tactics will be very different with lots of lateral movement, Head movement, Feinting and much heavier punches. He could shock Wlad.

(But I could be completely wrong).
    :happy7:

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 9:33am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Haye will make short work of Wladimir despite the size difference. He's just a FAR better boxer.

I was really unimpressed with him in this fight. It will be good for boxing if Haye comes in and takes down the big Ukrainians, the heayweight division has been lacking any real excitement or quality since the days of Lennox Lewis.

Saying all that i think John Ruiz will be a tough Challenge for Haye.
    Last edited by Kambei Shimada; 3/25/2010 9:37am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 10:25am

Style: Jerry-Bashing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
    I think Haye will make short work of Wladimir despite the size difference. He's just a FAR better boxer.

I was really unimpressed with him in this fight. It will be good for boxing if Haye comes in and takes down the big Ukrainians, the heayweight division has been lacking any real excitement or quality since the days of Lennox Lewis.

Not much to add except that I agree 100%. It's a sad indictment of the division that that's all one can say really. I'd love to see Haye bury him, but I doubt it'll be emphatic in the least.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 11:40am

Style: boxing, bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post

Lennonx wasnt any match for the other Klitschko, Vitali. Vitali whoooooped that ass. Even when he was bleeding he was beating Lewis. The only fight that would be worth watching now is if the two brothers fight each other, which will never happen. Besides, Vitali is going to retire again.

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 12:06pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzie56 View Post
    Lennonx wasnt any match for the other Klitschko, Vitali. Vitali whoooooped that ass.
    Exactly right, no matter how much I dislike the phrasing. Vitali won the fight with Lennox Lewis so convincingly that it changed my opinion of Lewis as a fighter (i.e. I never would've thought he could be beaten so convincingly). I hate to be asinine, but the evidence of Vitali's victory is still readily apparent today: Lennox Lewis went into that fight an articulate man and came out mildly punch drunk. Seriously, compare Lewis's speech in interviews prior to that fight to his commentary on HBO's Boxing After Dark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.