Activity Champion

Posted On:
    1/03/2011 12:02pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kurtsayin View Post
    When a fighter applies great grappling and throwing to Shaolin Kempo, they have a solid foundation from which to work on actual talent and power.
    But Shaolin Kempo doesn't teach great grappling and throwing.

Administrator

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/03/2011 12:02pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Can anyone even have a conversation anymore? sheesh...
    Says the guy telling people he is a decent fighter and calling people "gay" in a debate about Villari.

I made a general statement about balance and a lack of marriage to a style which is a Bruce Lee concept, so I'm sorry that upsets everyone, too.
    Funny how that^^^contradicts this statement:
    I basically agree that BJJ is great and Aikido and Judo are great too, but they are limited systems, and the Villari's system is a mix of good grappling/throwing theory, and good kicking and punching theory.

Featherweight

Achievements:
    3 months registered

Posted On:
    1/03/2011 12:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kempo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, SKK (and kempo in general) is self-defense oriented - which is why they do not produce elite anything. If I wanted to become elite, I would focus on TKD or Judo and focus on ONE CORE COMPETENCY, but I would like to be a balanced, strong general fighter. "Don't Box a Boxer" works well with a good mix of training...

pro nonsense self defense

Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Champion

Posted On:
    1/03/2011 12:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I made a general statement about balance and a lack of marriage to a style which is a Bruce Lee concept, so I'm sorry that upsets everyone, too.
    It's not a Bruce Lee concept, and Bruce Lee would probably facepalm himself unconscious at a Villari tournament. Also, you seem pretty married to SKK.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Champion

Posted On:
    1/03/2011 12:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, SKK (and kempo in general) is self-defense oriented - which is why they do not produce elite anything. If I wanted to become elite, I would focus on TKD or Judo and focus on ONE CORE COMPETENCY, but I would like to be a balanced, strong general fighter. "Don't Box a Boxer" works well with a good mix of training...
    If only there was a venue that allowed a well rounded fighter to combine striking, grappling and clinch skills. Villari's schools would dominate!

Administrator

Achievements:

Posted On:
    1/03/2011 12:17pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What did I say that was emotional?
    Next time you want to show someone the concept of a joint lock, tell your demo partner to try to gouge your eyes out the whole time because that's "how fighting is" lol
    As far as my comments on Tibetan and Mongolian wrestling styles, why is everyone so gay about specifics when it comes to ground fighting?
    I didn't say YOU practiced Muay Thai. I merely mentioned Muay Thai.
    You didn't merely mention Muay Thai what you said was:
    It's not a video of a MT kick-boxing class so I know everyone wants to snicker, but this is how one learns movements in most MA styles...

That's you thinking everyone wants to laugh because, it isn't a MT Kickboxing video. I'm pointing out that many people in this thread have experience outside your bias and that was an erroneous assumption on your part.

Hmmmm there are a bunch of elite Sanda, MMA, and Vale Tudo fighters that are laughing at your misinterpretation of what it takes to be considered elite.

Do us all a favor and stop building strawman arguments.

Featherweight

Achievements:
    3 months registered

Posted On:
    1/03/2011 12:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kempo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Yes, we can have a conversation when you actually understand the valid criticisms that are being leveled your way.
    We have heard all of these lame ass arguments ad infinitum.
    You are spouting a bunch of bullshit.
    I agree with the criticisms of Villari's in general. I disagree that there is something wrong with Kempo in general. Add grappling and throwing to Kempo, and you've got a good self-defense art. It's not going to win me a UFC title, but it works in confrontations. What is bullshit about that?

Administrator

Achievements:

Posted On:
    1/03/2011 12:21pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with the criticisms of Villari's in general. I disagree that there is something wrong with Kempo in general. Add grappling and throwing to Kempo, and you've got a good self-defense art. It's not going to win me a UFC title, but it works in confrontations. What is bullshit about that?
    That you keep assuming that UFC is the only basis for the discussion. You are doing two things that are silly concerning Self Defense and Sport. It is old and very tired. Sadly, you don't see you used competition to pump up your teacher while denigrating it at the same time.

Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class

Posted On:
    1/03/2011 12:21pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I couldn't agree less with SKK working in confrontations. Find a video of SKK working in a non compliant situation to prove your point, and you will have ended years of internet debates.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Champion

Posted On:
    1/03/2011 12:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Add grappling and throwing to Kempo, and you've got a good self-defense art.
    Where would you have Villari students learn these grappling and throwing techniques? Do his schools approve of his students crosstraining at other places?
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast