Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2011 5:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kempo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Oh look semantics. Exactly isn't what you said anywhere. You were talking about styles of study not a fighter's PERSONAL style. Again the style does matter.

Funny how you are flip flopping. It isn't the style when it suits your argument. It is the style when it does.
    The style is a vehicle. If someone has no training, they are useless, but someone trained in Kempo, Shotokan, MT, Judo, or whatever has a vehicle - a set of knowledge about movement. Once a core competency is established, it's up to the trainer and the fighter. When SHTF either on the street or in the ring, it's all up to the fighter.

I'm just saying Kempo teaches strikes and kicks, just like Karate, various CMA's, MT, etc... When the rubber hits the road, it's about the fighter and a real fight is over in 10 seconds or less.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/03/2011 5:13pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kurtsayin View Post
    , it's about the fighter and a real fight is over in 10 seconds or less.
    Oh no, there is no true time of fight statistic despite what many teachers say.

The rest of what you wrote doesn't match your early posts.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2011 5:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Turrry View Post
    Oh wow.

Amazing how circular these arguments have become in this thread. I said it once, I'll say it again...I HATE that SKK is related with Villari. He's a terrible front man.

I will say this, without some other stuff added, SKK is far from a complete system. That's why my instructor is also a BJJ blue belt (much like another local BJJ black belt we have teaches SKK and BJJ together)...I have wondered how I would hold up against another fighter in the ring. Maybe someday I'll get the chance to find out...
    That's my point too. SKK has a philosophy of mastering many types of fighting. In practice, it probably almost never happens, and Villari is an old man, so the whole argument has turned into whether or not I'm a complete idiot (which I don't appreciate), instead of whether or not SKK is worth a hill of beans.

My opinion, yes it's worth a hill of beans just like every other art. Give it to a good instructor and a good student and it'll be a useful tool. I've also done nothing but encourage people to study other arts and become a well-rounded fighter... I'm such a preacher, right?! :godtroll:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2011 5:18pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Oh no, there is no true time of fight statistic despite what many teachers say.

The rest of what you wrote doesn't match your early posts.
    Conan the Contrarian

Posted On:
    1/03/2011 5:20pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The style is a vehicle. If someone has no training, they are useless, but someone trained in Kempo, Shotokan, MT, Judo, or whatever has a vehicle - a set of knowledge about movement. Once a core competency is established, it's up to the trainer and the fighter. When SHTF either on the street or in the ring, it's all up to the fighter.

I'm just saying Kempo teaches strikes and kicks, just like Karate, various CMA's, MT, etc... When the rubber hits the road, it's about the fighter and a real fight is over in 10 seconds or less.
    You've never been in a real fight have you?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2011 5:25pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionknight View Post
    You've never been in a real fight have you?
    I can prove it about as well as you can on a web forum...

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/03/2011 5:25pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Conan the Contrarian
    Kurt sayin idiocy.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/03/2011 5:32pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of the guys who've been criticizing me for SKK, who is the best fighter and why?
    Okay. That all depends on the context, doesn't it? A champion boxer will win a fight in a boxing ring, but that would not prepare him for a firefight against an experienced soldier. In any true no rules fight, I'd give it to the professional soldier because he can shoot you. I'm assuming you mean in a one on one fight with punches and kicks and stuff, and the closest thing is vale tudo. Kempo is not known for its success there. If the question is who do I think could kick the most ass in any environment sans guns but possibly including small hand weapons I'd go with Bas Rutten.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2011 5:34pm

Style: Judo & BJJ hacker

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just can't believe we CAN'T have a civil conversation. I'm happy to admit I am neither a deadly warrior nor a prize fighter, and I do not claim to be an expert on ANYTHING, and everyone on this forum keeps trying to call me out like I'm trying to re-write the history of the world.

Everything I say is criticized, and everyone thinks it's soooo obvious that I suck. I haven't claimed to know anything extraordinary, and I've consistently mentioned from the beginning that there are serious issues with most Villari schools.

Kempo, however, is a decent system, but the fighter's own determination is the deciding factor in any reasonably fair fight.

Can we treat each-other like we're all human beings trying to chit chat some MA info?
    I believe that I tried to tell you that continuing this thread is a bad idea. But seeing as we are all still here:
    1) We have no opinion on YOUR skills, we are concerning ourselves with training systems and methods. So unless your real name is Fred Villari, don't take anything personally.
    2) For a thread where a first post is a necro + lengthy tome + defense of something or somebody, this thread would pass as remarkably civil around here.
    3) Everything that you write is criticized because almost everything anybody writes around here is criticized. We rigourously challenge anything that has even the slightest whiff of BS, hence the name of the forum.
    4) If you train with aliveness and resisting opponents, then vids would be greatly appreciated. We don't claim to be deadly either, but we know what training should look like.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2011 5:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Okay. That all depends on the context, doesn't it? A champion boxer will win a fight in a boxing ring, but that would not prepare him for a firefight against an experienced soldier. In any true no rules fight, I'd give it to the professional soldier because he can shoot you. I'm assuming you mean in a one on one fight with punches and kicks and stuff, and the closest thing is vale tudo. Kempo is not known for its success there. If the question is who do I think could kick the most ass in any environment sans guns but possibly including small hand weapons I'd go with Bas Rutten.
    I can agree with that. I'm not a kempo supremacist. I just don't think it's a steaming pile of crap like everyone else on here seems to think...
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast