Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 3:18pm

Style: Taekwondo shotokan mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

jim brassard bullshido?

what do you guys think of him www.shaolinamericankempo.com he started at villari's got black belt then progressed in rank through nick cerio who doesn't teach the same style as villari so i dont get how he could stay black belt in a different style

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2010 8:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He looks like an OK American Kenpo bb, and some AK guys are good fighters.

In my opinion, since most AK schools have the lineage from Ed Parker, who HAD the answers and built AK as a business they tend to sanctify their style and don't add much to it. Hawaiian Kempo/Kajukenbo schools on the other hand often have a very open attitude toward adding techniques and that makes them healthier. It's just that almost anyone who does Hawaiian Kempo in a good school is a fighter and while SOME of the stuff on the mainland is good...
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2010 8:58pm

Style: Taekwondo shotokan mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

thanks

i want to let you know tht u are probably the most helpful person on here lol the reason i asked about jim is in relation to villari question because to me jim seems skilled and he is using the villari system so i dk

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2010 9:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are welcome. I alternate between being an asshole and a saint. You caught me sober, bored (kids gone, wife gone, it's just me and the dog!), injured and blowing my nose and sneezing!
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez