Page 5 of 5 First 12345
    Style
    Pumping iron
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The rephrase was actually my own thought before scrolling down to your post.

And no, I have never been in juvi. It sounds like you had a really good time thou.

Just waiting for the paperboy. supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well it has to do with being flexible.
    as long as you're flexible in life and open to new things you'd be surprised how many things you can overcome.
    it's all a matter of perception.
    we could discuss this over a couple of drinks sometimes.
    just pm me for details.

Style
    Krav M,BJJ,Judo,Shinbodu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Regarding the basic grappling, If your doing a scissor sweep. You need one foot on their hip and the other in their armpit with your shin going across their chest, not on the opponent's hip. In a self-defense scenario you would just kick them in the armpit region and not push.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by core1065 View Post
    Regarding the basic grappling, If your doing a scissor sweep. You need one foot on their hip and the other in their armpit with your shin going across their chest, not on the opponent's hip. In a self-defense scenario you would just kick them in the armpit region and not push.
    I would think that a regular Scissor sweep would work better, due to the landing in mount part. Unless your in a street fight with a skilled grappler, then they will just jump over and pass :)

Style
    Krav M,BJJ,Judo,Shinbodu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The way I learned it was that you still push with the Self Defense version. But instead of sliding into the hip while turning to your side, you kick the armpit then slide your knee and shin in then rotate the opponent though push/pulling of the collar,wrist and sweep.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

AEGIS

Quote Originally Posted by core1065 View Post
    The way I learned it was that you still push with the Self Defense version. But instead of sliding into the hip while turning to your side, you kick the armpit then slide your knee and shin in then rotate the opponent though push/pulling of the collar,wrist and sweep.
    Is anyone still interested in this? I was one of Tony Higo's students back in the day...

Page 5 of 5 First 12345