Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354142434445 46474849 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/18/2012 12:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: PFS/Kali/WWGF

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My choice would be Eskrima. But what if the infected were masters of Kino Mutai the Filipino biting martial art, are we then screwed?

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/18/2012 1:03pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogburn View Post
    My choice would be Eskrima. But what if the infected were masters of Kino Mutai the Filipino biting martial art, are we then screwed?
    Psst....look at the dates when you post. Sometimes there are recent threads dealing with the same subject. You know, instead of a 5 year old thread.

Moved.

Posted On:
    8/18/2012 2:56pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do you kill a thread that does not live?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2012 2:59pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    How do you kill a thread that does not live?

Sic a chunner on it?

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 3:15pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOLZ :High:

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 3:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FMA may be a decent choice based on it's focus regarding bludgeoning tools and large bladed weapons.

Both are decent choices for wrecking a brain pan or two.

A weakness would be that FMA tends to put you in "bitting range". Something to consider.

Jodu might be good as well. Using the environment and physics as your weapon against a Z's skull. IF the Z's are the Romero style and not "zoombies" then even Aikido might be of benefit with it's numerous throws. The slow, shambolic walking dead are all but the perfect Uke for any aspiring Akidoka of the apacolypse.

The various catch wrestling styles would probably be at a dissadvantage as the arts require "close" physical contact and you can't use pain compliance to submit a zombie.

Marquis of Queensberry boxing could prove beneficial with a pair of knuckle dusters. As Bas Rutten would say "Dingitty dangitty DAAANG!"

I'm thinking Aido might be at a disadvantage as the trick to cleanly cutting through bodies usually involves soft spots. I.E., to decapitate, they slice the neck and not the skull. That leaves a zombie head rolling around trying to bite anything that comes close. Just too messy.

WMA on the other hand has no issues when it comes to using a heavy bladed sword for skull crushing and even have several ways to do it with any given blade. THey also have a fantastic variety of armor that could definitely withstand even the strongest of zombie bites.

Finally, my personal favorite; Sastravidyā and the mighty Gada mace

What you don't see is a horde of undead just out of frame. This dude obviously gives zero fucks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 4:11pm

Style: Boxing, Judo, Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the SCA guys will be laughing. While we're fighting for ammo, they'll be walking through the zombie hoard, not caring, because they have a bastard sword and chainmail.

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 12:57pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 1:46pm

Style: Judo Sandbagger

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why doesn't anyone propose the internal arts... you could just open your inner eye and lead the undead to whatever afterlife they so need to attend too.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 1:56pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKenner View Post
    I think the SCA guys will be laughing. While we're fighting for ammo, they'll be walking through the zombie hoard, not caring, because they have a bastard sword and chainmail.
    Simple minded dreamers, the lot of them. Clinging to an imaginary golden age and chanting that great mantra of reactionary conservatives through the ages "This is old, therefore it is better."
    Medicine, Science, Philosophy, Plumbing...all have been subjected to the heartless process of progress and emerged the stronger for it. You boast to me of your chainmail, which was rendered obsolete by full plate armor during the very ages you claim to cling to?

Gentlemen, behold, the means by which I will both laugh the zombie apocolypse to scorn AND take one step closer to joining the holy orders of the Adeptus Astartes!

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354142434445 46474849 ... LastLast