Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 4:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really don't want to pour over the entire thread to see if this has been brought up, but you guys seem intent on being up close and personal with the zombies. Why not just use hunting rifles, and handguns for a more hands off, and zombie bite free approach?

I guess it depends on which particular zombie lore you prescribe to though (they all seem fairly similar unlike the various vampire literature and shows). As far as I know severing the brain stem, even if it takes a couple of shots would keep you a safer distance away, and render said zombie paralyzed at the very least.

From the zombie research I've done, there is still a tiny bit of activity still in the brain. Severing the brain stem would take care oof that. Or destroying the brain even.

BTW, if being zombified reduces one to the base-est of instinct, as in eat eaverything, why no vegetables?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 4:10am

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Other countries than the U.S exist. For me to locate a gun, I'd have to traverse at least 3-4miles of Zombie Infested burbs before I could locate a certain cache.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 4:24am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand that, but assuming you survive the initial onslaught, you would probably be able to pick and choose discarded military hardware.

Now... I also understand the allure of actually trying out some of the weapons used by MA-ist on actual human like targets without the threat of prison. I for one would love to see the hook swords I read about on a different thread tried out.

I think they did that on the Deadliest Warrior show to a pig carcass though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 4:26am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    3 - 4 miles? Not too bad. Shaun of the Dead was able to do it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 4:28am

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey184 View Post
    3 - 4 miles? Not too bad. Shaun of the Dead was able to do it.
    That is true. I have enough CD's and DVD's to make the journey I think. Think they'll work as well as vinyls?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 4:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    Best of both worlds:

The Cold Steel War Hammer. Go ahead, do an image search for it and see just how many zombie-related websites on which it appears.

Here are the specs off the Cold Steel website:

Seems like it has a reach advantage over the Ball Peen Hammer, and weighs less than the Sledge Hammer. Plus, you got a spike!

Frankly, I think the secret agenda behind Cold Steel is to serve as an arsenal of freedom-from-zombies. They make a ton of awesome anti-zombie equipment.
    That is one of the sexiest things I have seen. I need one for Christmas, zombies or not.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 4:38am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd say not. Vinyls have the weight. The zombies would hardly hesitate under a hail of cd's.
    Now if you had some of those old school laser disks. Perhaps. You could probably fashion some close in slashing weapon out of cd's, but that would hardly affect the zombie like an impact weapon, or another that would cause grievous injury, ie decapitation.

Besides... are you saying that there is not a pub nearby with a rifle mounted on the wall from where you might make your stand?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 4:42am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @ QBE... You could find a very similar fire fighting tool in a public safety or first responder supply catalog. Might be cheaper in price than cold steel.

Then again, those are all metal, and probably difficult to wield as a weapon. Certainly durable though.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 5:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    learn a little Dog Brothers "Cave Man" FMA and get yourself a baseball bat or make a trench raiding club. If the zeds are that close, you don't want to mess with a polearm or long weapon, keep it short, quick & just heavy enough to crack a skull with little effort.

"Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 6:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    learn a little Dog Brothers "Cave Man" FMA and get yourself a baseball bat or make a trench raiding club. If the zeds are that close, you don't want to mess with a polearm or long weapon, keep it short, quick & just heavy enough to crack a skull with little effort.

Now this HYERE is what I'm talking about!

Look, I go thands like cup cakes, and the best/only thing you can say about my boxing is that I get up quickly. But if you gimme a stick, I approach parity much more quickly. I totally forgot about trench clubs. I think it was mentioned earlier about wrecking tool for fire departments and such. I could work with those for a bit, but swinging all metal all the time is a little too Conan for me.

How many sustained and controlled headshots do you think you could make with an all steel axe or a wrecking crowbar? THAT would be a workout.
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303637383940 41424344 ... LastLast