Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 12:13am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: The art of No Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernoob View Post
    Can zombies survive in an anoxic environment?
    They're already dead, the problem is with nerve tissue breakdown - "dragon has no path". Which now that I think about it, is what happens when brain cells die. So technically, there shouldn't be a zombie to begin with. If we forgo that part, lol, then it's a problem with physical damage. Some "agents", if absorbed are passed in the blood. but without circulation, its subject to slow saturation. Like an animal in formalin, the specimen is intact, but would nerve pathways still exist, and if the chemical saturations get too high, would it interfere with reanimated tissue and how it functions biologically. And if the actually unionize.... we'll all wish we were zombies. Lol

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 1:20am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I for one welcome our zombie overlords
    “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”
    ― George R.R. Martin

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 1:22am

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    Well I for one welcome our zombie overlords
    Yes, but as a masochistic necrophile, you would wouldnt you.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 1:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, but as a masochistic necrophile, you would wouldnt you.

Know what I'm saying?
    “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”
    ― George R.R. Martin

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 1:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sure do!

Last edited by The Juggernoob; 10/27/2011 1:42am at .

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 2:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The horror!

anyway back to zombie smiteing

Sledge hammer too heavy for sustainable zombiecide, plus to use one effectivly require total comitment to the attack.

A good quality hardwood combines wackability and light weight

I would go for a one handed weopon, leaving the other free for defensive strategies
    ― George R.R. Martin

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 2:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The horror!

anyway back to zombie smiteing

Sledge hammer too heavy for sustainable zombiecide, plus to use one effectivly require total comitment to the attack.

A good quality hardwood combines wackability and light weight

I would go for a one handed weopon, leaving the other free for defensive strategies
    Machete and lightweight riot shield. Full body cover and a hardy blade. All this bludgeoning doesnt take into account that zombies can function heavily damaged. Behead them and the issue is solved.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 3:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've said it befor and I'll say it again...
    for zombie destruction i recon bludgeons are a better choice than edged weapons. i have prepared an argument for your consideration

availability
    - blugeons such as a pick handle are cheap easy to find and can be carried in the boot/trunk legitamately. get pulled with a katana in the boot and lets see what happens. a pick hansle also serves as a usefull digging tool making the item twice as efficient to carry

usability - little skill is required to whack with a bludgeon. use of a sword in a maner that is safe to user and efficient takes a good deal of training

upkeep - the main advantage of a sword is the possibility of one strike one kill. to keep this edge you must keep your edge (if you'll pardon the pun). sharpening the sword is time consuming, difficult and provides ample oppertunities for accidental infection

fouling - it would be pretty embarasing if your sword gets stuck in the spine of animate zombie

efficiency - the sword has to beat a bludgeon. it would take a lot of whacks to destroy the brain

cross contamination - when i butcher a side of pork that has been dead after three or four days there is very little in the way of body fluids, so i dont think there would be the type of gore fountains in the films, so there is an equal risk for both weapon types. zombies would have extremely swolen ankles.

moral - every body hates a show off
    ― George R.R. Martin

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 3:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blunt a good machete and it fills every category you've got there. So how is it not the best?

Also, you're not taking into account that even a blunt machete would work well, light weight equates to faster swing speed and less fatigue, thin but sturdy profile equals force distributed through smaller surface area. It balances out nicely.

If you were ordering cold steel magnum Kukrhi machetes, you could buy 5 for about £100, so stocking up wouldnt totally bankrupt you, besides, thats a high cost quality machete. Cheaper ones are also available. Maintenence is little more than oil and a good grit stone.

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 3:57am

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been using one of these at work and they could easily remove someone's head.

http://www.google.co.uk/m/search?sit...insaw&sa=N#i=2

It has obvious draw backs like starting from cold and reliance on fuel and noise but if you knew you were going to be in the open you could make very short work of an awful lot of zombies.