Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 283435363738 3940414248 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2011 2:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Star View Post
    Since they're undead, you pretty much have a limitless supply of manpower ... just stuff em' in a giant hamster wheel and watch the sparks fly! It's like a human Van De Graaf, but with an uglier smell. To really kick up extra amps, tie one of your non-infected buddies on the outside of the wheel.
    I've got two words for you: Zombie Diesel.

http://zombiesafehouse.wordpress.com/2010-zshc-winner/

Posted On:
    10/26/2011 3:12pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbe9584 View Post
    Reach advantage. 4lb ball peen would be great, but if you have something that is walking slowly up on you and has a stronger grip than you, then a two handed swing with mild intensity wouldn't have to be close or perfect to give you enough force to kill, or enough space to back off if you glanced your shot. The other plus is that if somebody wants to bite you, the handle on an axe, maul or sledge is better at fending them off.
    Best of both worlds:

The Cold Steel War Hammer. Go ahead, do an image search for it and see just how many zombie-related websites on which it appears.

Here are the specs off the Cold Steel website:

Specifications:
    Weight: 39.8 oz.
    Hammer Face: 11/2" X 1 1/2"
    Head Width: 7 3/8"
    Handle: Straight Grain Hickory with Langets
    Steel: Drop Forged 5150 Steel
    Overall Length: 30"

Seems like it has a reach advantage over the Ball Peen Hammer, and weighs less than the Sledge Hammer. Plus, you got a spike!

Frankly, I think the secret agenda behind Cold Steel is to serve as an arsenal of freedom-from-zombies. They make a ton of awesome anti-zombie equipment.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/26/2011 4:02pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think one of the bigger dangers to the rural areas after Z day is wild hogs. Hog populations have been booming in America because they can eat anything. Does that include zombies? Do they become zombie hogs? I hope not.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2011 4:11pm

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I think one of the bigger dangers to the rural areas after Z day is wild hogs. Hog populations have been booming in America because they can eat anything. Does that include zombies? Do they become zombie hogs? I hope not.
    Do zombies fall below wolves, bears and hogs on the post Z day food chain?

Would large predators thrive without human population control?

Posted On:
    10/26/2011 9:00pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Seems like the History Channel asked some similar questions about what happens after humans disappear.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/26/2011 11:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: The art of No Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbe9584 View Post
    I've got two words for you: Zombie Diesel.

http://zombiesafehouse.wordpress.com/2010-zshc-winner/
    I'd bet my money on the methane market of rotting flesh... but you better get them off their protein diet and into something more lentilly for that efficiency kick. I can see them all now as undead Exxon workers, with the moto... "Come join our family. We NEVER pass on gas!". Well granted you could ever teach zombies to talk.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2011 11:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Star View Post
    I'd bet my money on the methane market of rotting flesh... but you better get them off their protein diet and into something more lentilly for that efficiency kick. I can see them all now as undead Exxon workers, with the moto... "Come join our family. We NEVER pass on gas!". Well granted you could ever teach zombies to talk.
    This is what I was thinking. Maybe an adapted bioreactor like those currently being used in india.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 12:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: The art of No Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It would still be limited though with tissues breaking down rather quickly from decay. Given reproductive rates, it wouldn't really be a renewable resource. Well not in a viable sense. Without that we won't have any fuel production. Once the undead populus is spent, there's going to be the biggest pile of every disease known to mankind, including the zombie maker, this side of the big bang! We could probably make more zombies just by having the immune walk past to get a good whiff. Since zombies are already dead, if they were trainable, we could send to to places no person would dare go. No need for oxygen, high temps won't destroy them. Well at least if their brain doesn't bake. I guess if worse came to worse and we ran out of bodies, would could always dig some up, slap some zombie goo on em, then haul them to the nearest power plant for "processing". Lol

I really gotta think about this one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 12:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can zombies survive in an anoxic environment?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 12:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @ Permalost - I'd think that whatever virus is causing the zombie mutation would be destroyed once it meets with stomach acids if ingested. Not sure about the acidity levels in animals verses humans though.

Speaking of zombies. I guess they're gonna start filming again here in Atlanta soon (The Walking Dead). Means traffic is gonna be screwed for a while. Even more so than normal.