Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 263233343536 3738394046 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/25/2011 11:54am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbe9584 View Post
    Sure, and that is rational, but think about it on an emotional level. It's difficult to swing for the kill on something looking you in the eye. If a fresh one is on you, it would be hard to hit the face. That why they put the faces on police targets. You have to train for it. I think that a lack of hesitation would be the key for survival, even more than training. Somebody who can strike accurately, regularly, and not get so much as ruffled from day 1 of the zombie apocalypse.
    Going to have to agree with him, to a degree. A lot of the whole 'kill to survive' thing has been washed out of us by our culture, what with movies including talking animals and the like. The advantage goes to our hypothetical slaughterhouse worker when compared to... say... a lineman or office worker. Even better off are military combat veterans, LEOs who've been through a shooting or two, gang members, violent criminals and sociopaths. Basically anyone who has actually attempted to end someone or lacks empathy. About on par with the slaughterhouse worker are hunters, non-combat military/LEOs. People who have trained to kill or have killed a non-human.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    10/25/2011 1:47pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A zombie apocalypse would certainly seperate the wheat from the chaff

But after an extended period of killing, humans become easily desensitized to slaughter.

It is easy enough to cease to see humans as human (natzi death camp guards for instance), evil dead would be way easier to 'dehumanise'

Any one still around after a week of zombie destruction would be hardened to the slaughter
    Last edited by doofaloofa; 10/25/2011 1:52pm at .
    Watch my post count die

Posted On:
    10/25/2011 3:36pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... and not get so much as ruffled from day 1 of the zombie apocalypse.
    Only one man I know fits that description. And when I say "only one," I really mean, only ONE.

Hail to the King, Baby!

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/25/2011 3:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So.....I've been watching the new season of The Walking Dead. Niggas need fully automatic weapons and suppressors in the worst fucking way.

Posted On:
    10/25/2011 3:48pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Groovy.

Posted On:
    10/25/2011 3:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    So.....I've been watching the new season of The Walking Dead. Niggas need fully automatic weapons and suppressors in the worst fucking way.
    It ups the angst to just use single shot .22s.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/25/2011 4:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom .C View Post
    It ups the angst to just use single shot .22s.
    Yeah, they'll never be making a horror movie about me unfortunately. If it were a haunted house story, it would only be the length of a commercial. One "Get Out" from the mystery voice in the attic and I'd be out. Wouldn't have to tell me twice.

And if it were a zombie movie, there would just be exploding body parts from bell to bell - so basically the last Rambo movie.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/25/2011 6:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And that's why I think a dude who did heavy labor in a place filled with stink, blood, skin, and an industry wide accident rate that is a horror flick by itself will do well with a nice quick ten pound sledge or a modest splitting maul. Even better than a martial artist.

"Wow. You smell like Wednesday. Okay. Let's sort you out." BLAM! "Walk it off, champ. Looks like we have about 20 more. Well, one at a time, gents."
    Why would you call 10lb sledge hammer "nice" or "quick"? A 4lb ball pein hammer would be more than adequate, besides being much much faster.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2011 6:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: The art of No Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Out of all the styles of combat I'd probably pick Sharpshooting or Sniping. Lol Even then, I'd probably the unlucky mass that "got down with the sickness". :| Lol

Posted On:
    10/25/2011 9:15pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually wanted to make a thread about what Classical/Contemporary Martial Arts would support like a 'Hammer' based form of some type...I really want a dual pick hammers to swing wildly with leather wraps for the wrists when it could get slick with sweat/blood.
    • Tonfa
    • Kama
    • Arnis etc?
    • Something that strikes with the end of the weapon delivering force...

For LULS, I have been playing around with the biophysics for a type of 'Stim-pack--for prolonged use (literally last attempt to live type ****, running, and or fighting)--to allow your bodies organs not to shutdown, harden, receptor down tolerance, lactic acid removal/buffering, energy based (eg. glucose) leading to your death (you want to avoid that, which is why you are fighting, death, literally. I'd like to ideally have it hooked to one of those auto diabetes things, like in crank...be sweet.

Thoughts?

(also, I missed this was an ebola style one, ignore the magic):happy:
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.