Posted On:
    5/18/2011 7:29am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    in addition: awesome idea.
    No good. Remember Katrina? When society poops the bed, we have about 24 hours of gas left. Could be OK to park it at your compound for when GTFO day inevitably occurs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2011 9:55am

Style: SL5,MT, BJJ noob,Chow Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    No good. Remember Katrina? When society poops the bed, we have about 24 hours of gas left. Could be OK to park it at your compound for when GTFO day inevitably occurs.
    I grow canola - its all good.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    5/19/2011 12:22pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    Best Anti-Zombie MA? Skull-cracking Escrima + zombie-dropping Judo. It's obvious.
    i am likeing the foot sweeps such as advancing foot sweep or double foot sweep
    with these techniques it is possible to drop the zombie without touching it. with practice i recon it would be possible to, with the aid of some hand work, to flip a zombie 180 degrees onto its head

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/19/2011 1:29pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How come I haven't seen a custom made buster sword picture yet?

Posted On:
    5/19/2011 4:05pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    How come I haven't seen a custom made buster sword picture yet?
    Probably because he was trolling. He didn't realize the fine line between trolling about zombies and trolling about 50lb swords.

Oh... and I just came across this official message from the USG:

Link: http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia...=emergency_004

To paraphrase the UFO/Alien Abductee crowd, "This is an obvious attempt to socialize us to the reality of zombies."

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 5:08am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    for zombie destruction i recon bludgeons are a better choice than edged weapons. i have prepared an argument for your consideration

availability
    - blugeons such as a pick handle are cheap easy to find and can be carried in the boot/trunk legitamately. get pulled with a katana in the boot and lets see what happens. a pick hansle also serves as a usefull digging tool making the item twice as efficient to carry

usability - little skill is required to whack with a bludgeon. use of a sword in a maner that is safe to user and efficient takes a good deal of training

upkeep - the main advantage of a sword is the possibility of one strike one kill. to keep this edge you must keep your edge (if you'll pardon the pun). sharpening the sword is time consuming, difficult and provides ample oppertunities for accidental infection

fouling - it would be pretty embarasing if your sword gets stuck in the spine of animate zombie

efficiency - the sword has to beat a bludgeon. it would take a lot of whacks to destroy the brain

cross contamination - when i butcher a side of pork that has been dead after three or four days there is very little in the way of body fluids, so i dont think there would be the type of gore fountains in the films, so there is an equal risk for both weapon types. zombies would have extremely swolen ankles.

moral - every body hates a show off

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 7:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Best art= chun. You're already dead on the inside.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 9:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It appears that National Geographics has come up with an actual zombie apocalypse scenario simulator.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...simulator-game

And I figure some of you might enjoy this list as much as I did:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_zombie_video_games

In particular, another curious simulator called Zafehouse.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 5:39pm

Style: Boxing and No Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    It appears that National Geographics has come up with an actual zombie apocalypse scenario simulator.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...simulator-game

And I figure some of you might enjoy this list as much as I did:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_zombie_video_games

In particular, another curious simulator called Zafehouse.
    I play Left 4 Dead 2 and the best art is definately machato-fu or gun-fu :P

Posted On:
    5/24/2011 8:05pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    for zombie destruction i recon bludgeons are a better choice than edged weapons. i have prepared an argument for your consideration

availability
    - blugeons such as a pick handle are cheap easy to find and can be carried in the boot/trunk legitamately. get pulled with a katana in the boot and lets see what happens. a pick hansle also serves as a usefull digging tool making the item twice as efficient to carry

usability - little skill is required to whack with a bludgeon. use of a sword in a maner that is safe to user and efficient takes a good deal of training

upkeep - the main advantage of a sword is the possibility of one strike one kill. to keep this edge you must keep your edge (if you'll pardon the pun). sharpening the sword is time consuming, difficult and provides ample oppertunities for accidental infection

fouling - it would be pretty embarasing if your sword gets stuck in the spine of animate zombie

efficiency - the sword has to beat a bludgeon. it would take a lot of whacks to destroy the brain

cross contamination - when i butcher a side of pork that has been dead after three or four days there is very little in the way of body fluids, so i dont think there would be the type of gore fountains in the films, so there is an equal risk for both weapon types. zombies would have extremely swolen ankles.

moral - every body hates a show off
    Your argument is cogent. I discount your point about carrying a bludgeon openly versus a katana in a true apocalypse scenario. I think the police will have other things to do, and probably understand if you're caught openly carrying a katana during zombiggeddon.

Your other points, however, are remarkably astute. I speculate this is one of the reasons why trench clubs and improvised maces became so popular as close combat tools during WWI.

It took no training to become proficient with one of these monsters. You needed no finesse. You didn't need to practice for hours with it. It cleaned easy. If it broke, you didn't get too upset (as long as you didn't need it at that very second).

Why, I may have to make one of these myself in the near future. Just for the sake of my collection of melee weapons, you see.

I know Shaun of the Dead popularized the cricket bat as a tool of undead destruction, but may I also suggest the Irish Hurling stick?

It is a sporting implement used in the training of warriors since before the days of Cuchulain.