233264 Bullies, 3664 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 131 to 140 of 500
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 1516171824 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Sri Hanuman is offline
    Sri Hanuman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,492

    Posted On:
    5/11/2011 6:56pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Am I the only one to think RE5 sorta sucked?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

    Dipshit
  2. Styygens is offline
    Styygens's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    2,171

    Posted On:
    5/11/2011 7:42pm


     Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Although they've been uncharacteristically quiet for a couple of weeks, I love this blog:
    http://flinttinderwood.blogspot.com/

    They seem to have done a lot of thinking about killing all sorts of things that go bump in the night -- especially zombies.

    Last month, they did two weeks on Filipino Martial Arts as the perfect anti-zombie system. They didn't recommend going unarmed against zombies.
  3. Vince Tortelli is offline

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000

    Posted On:
    5/11/2011 7:58pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    Last month, they did two weeks on Filipino Martial Arts as the perfect anti-zombie system. They didn't recommend going unarmed against zombies.
    While that is a pretty cool website, I disagree with the logic of "You should study stick and knife fighting styles because you never want to fight a zombie unarmed."

    It reeks of
    "You shouldn't train in any sort of ground fighting for self defense because in the streets, you never want to be fighting on the ground."
  4. Styygens is offline
    Styygens's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    2,171

    Posted On:
    5/11/2011 8:26pm


     Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    While that is a pretty cool website, I disagree with the logic of "You should study stick and knife fighting styles because you never want to fight a zombie unarmed."

    It reeks of
    "You shouldn't train in any sort of ground fighting for self defense because in the streets, you never want to be fighting on the ground."
    I'm not sure we're talking within the same fantasies here.

    If there's one thing I've learned from nihilistic zombie movies, it's not especially safe to fight hordes of zombies even when armed. I can only imagine that fighting zombies crowds while completely unarmed would exponentially worsen your chances of survival.

    Perhaps the lesson Gil and Flint want to sink in is that you should always improve your chances by having something at hand to bash in zombie heads? Is it really too much to ask to have a stick at hand during the zombie apocalypse?

    I suspect the same rules apply to robot apocalypses too. You don't really want to be hitting terminator skulls with your bare fists, do you?

    I think Gil and Flint would always prefer you go down fighting than meekly throw up your empty hands and become a zombie smorgasbord or Matrix Machine battery. (See this post illustrating the ultimate in makeshift weapons gear: http://flinttinderwood.blogspot.com/...-prepared.html.)

    Besides, most FMA have an empty hand component too, don't they?
    Last edited by Styygens; 5/11/2011 8:31pm at .
  5. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,683

    Posted On:
    5/11/2011 11:37pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    Am I the only one to think RE5 sorta sucked?
    I didn't actually play that one, but I played the hell out of RE4. I thought the big hullabaloo about 5 being set in Africa and shooting dark enemies was a little weird considering that nobody cared about killing an entire Spanish village in 4.
  6. Twobits is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    49

    Posted On:
    5/11/2011 11:43pm


     Style: kendo, FMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I loved RE4. Murdering the residents of not-Spain was strangely satisfying.

    In response to the OP, I'd think a combination of Judo and some sort of sword/naginata/polearm martial art would be the best. Striking is obviously useless unless you're Kenshiro and can explode their head.

    So in conclusion, the best martial art is Hokuto Shinken
  7. Colin is offline
    Colin's Avatar

    LVL 99 Photomancer

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    3,121

    Posted On:
    5/11/2011 11:59pm

    supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!


    Protection against zombies.. this isn't a bad place to start..

    Maybe this, too..

  8. Sri Hanuman is offline
    Sri Hanuman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,492

    Posted On:
    5/12/2011 7:16am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I didn't actually play that one, but I played the hell out of RE4. I thought the big hullabaloo about 5 being set in Africa and shooting dark enemies was a little weird considering that nobody cared about killing an entire Spanish village in 4.
    Ever since they stopped being zombies, it stopped being fun.
    Now all the ridiculous Japanese attempts at sci-fi anime-esque plotlines are starting to rear their heads.

    The series is going to ****.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

    Dipshit
  9. Colin is offline
    Colin's Avatar

    LVL 99 Photomancer

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    3,121

    Posted On:
    5/12/2011 7:55am

    supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, it's a hard balance to keep old fans happy and bring new fans in, too.
    Let's just hope they don't invent a Third kind of zombie.
  10. Sri Hanuman is offline
    Sri Hanuman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,492

    Posted On:
    5/12/2011 7:58am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Well, it's a hard balance to keep old fans happy and bring new fans in, too.
    Let's just hope they don't invent a Third kind of zombie.
    Rape zombie. That tries to rape you.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

    Dipshit

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.