Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2010 8:28pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Apple View Post
    Ahh the iguana, "chicken of the trees". Like I said I once considered Diego Garcia but I never read up on Easter Island. The water pressure won't kill zombies because they don't need to breathe. When they enter the water the pressure will just equalize like it does in a fish. No implosions. You need an ocean depth chart for Easter Island, how STEEP is the island direction and speed of currents and so on.

FWIW zombie canon is currently Max Brooks "World War Z" and "Zombie Survival Guide". Romero is just a bitter old hippy. "Dawn Of The Dead" (1979) was his peak but most people draw the love/hate line begining at "Day Of The Dead"(1985). I liked it even tho Bud the zombie was kinda' cheesy. "Land Of The Dead" sucked out loud and that is why George lost his place as authority of all things zombie related. The various remakes had no input from George at all. He's listed in the credits as a rule of the directors/screenwriters guild.

Agree with you about the zombie survival guide, I thought Bud was the only good thing abou Day of the Dead:thebirdma

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2010 8:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    Is it wrong to want laser sighting on a chainsaw?
    FTW!!!!!!:5cold::5cold:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2010 5:53am

Style: Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to love Dawn of the Dead when I was a teenager but now I think it's way too boring and drawn out. It's pretty interesting though how Romero has really seemed to ride the coattails of his dead trilogy, most everything else he did was pretty boring and just kind of disappeared. I still like watching Tales From the Darkside though.

Can anyone fill me out on how the whole zombie resurgence thing caught wind? I remember being a kid and it seemed like absolutely no one was into zombie movies. And now it's standard nerdy guy fantasy material a la Conan the Barbarian.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2010 6:05am

Style: Kendo, Iaido, BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You need to learn whatever martial art uses these:

And then stick a laser sight on it

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2010 6:12am

Style: Systema, WingChung, TkD,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you cook zombie meat well enough does that get rid of the toxin/virus? Food wouldn't be a problem.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2010 8:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by stray_bullet View Post
    Can anyone fill me out on how the whole zombie resurgence thing caught wind? I remember being a kid and it seemed like absolutely no one was into zombie movies. And now it's standard nerdy guy fantasy material a la Conan the Barbarian.
    I believe the resurgence started with the Zombie Survival Guide and Shaun of The Dead which made numerous references to all the Romero movies. You always had White Zombie which was named after one of the first zombie films and then stuff like 28 Days Later. Romero then rode that train to make Land of The Dead (which was great with a Pegg, Frost cameo and Dennis Hopper but not much else). It started also as a pop culture thing to see how many obscure references you can but into a movie and of course us basement dwellers have taken the ball and ran with it.

The Crazies is another remake of one his movies but he's on as a writer only this time.
    :5zombie:

Posted On:
    2/23/2010 8:19am

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think 28 Days Later resurrected (oof!) zombie popularity in films, then Shaun and the brilliant Dawn remake helped a great deal as well and then all the crap after them.

I liked the Zombie Survival Guide but WWZ was an awesome book, loved it!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2010 8:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    I think 28 Days Later resurrected (oof!) zombie popularity in films, then Shaun and the brilliant Dawn remake helped a great deal as well and then all the crap after them.

I liked the Zombie Survival Guide but WWZ was an awesome book, loved it!!
    WWZ was great! I just can't remember which came first lol, but it's pretty subjective of when something became popular again and hope I gave it a good shot lmao.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2010 11:07am

Style: Wing Chun Kuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I give 10/10 for ironman-fu to outrun/outswim/outcycle the zombie horde. Must have several escape route out of city memorised.
    Come back armed for raids/survivors.
    If skilled, I'd use katana, good technique means less fatigue and lighter to carry than the second option. Two clean cuts equals one zombie minus arm and head.
    The warhammer, a single good shot to the skull destroys brain.

Guns are out of the question for me, noise = attract zombie horde.
    For ranged, I would rather use a crossbow to soften up zombies/raiders before moving in for the kill.

IMHO, human raiders/gangs/conmen would be the greatest danger. Nothing like waking up to find food/water/transport gone the following morning. D:

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/23/2010 11:12am

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whathappened View Post
    I give 10/10 for ironman-fu to outrun/outswim/outcycle the zombie horde. Must have several escape route out of city memorised.
    But they just ... keep ... coming ...
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast