Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 10:20am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys, your body is pretty elastic. The cartilage in your throat will flex to accommodate the spear point and as long as you direct the force downwards along the flexible shaft the point doesn't get driven into your throat.
    The same for the trident trick, your stomach is very elastic and slow, steady pressure is usually not enough to puncture you unless the point is very sharp. Those tridents are relatively dull. It's probably uncomfortable as all hell, but nothing more than displaying the resiliency and flexibility of the human form.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 10:32am

Style: shorin ryu/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well they killed a watermelon with the spear before he did it...and he was putting out like over 2000 lbs per square inch of force when he did the spear trick. However he did it, i'm sure it took alot of practice.

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 10:34am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For sure, but you can take some pretty dull **** and stab it through a watermelon. Watermelon's don't really flex the way cartilage in your throat does.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 2:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Y. View Post
    Yeah, but if trickery is involved, scientists aren't always the best to notice.

Scientists work in a field of mutual trust. They throw rocks at each others' work, to make sure their peers have indeed discovered a new truth about the universe, but they rarely encounter downright fraud.

They don't expect it in the scientific community, because if you're caught falsifying data, etc., your career in science is pretty much over.
    Actually James Randi has been proving for years that they do encounter outright fraud quite often, but they are unaware of it.

The entire notion of Psychic Warfare comes to mind as one example.

These "super kung-fu" stunts have been around forever, and many physic's professors have demonstrated them. Penn and Teller have on their Showtime program as well.

Oh, as to a science career being over when you falsify data, lets see what happens to all those "Global Warming" idiots before we make that claim....
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 2:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So every climatologist ever is in on The Conspiracy, Mr. Tripp?

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 2:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    So every climatologist ever is in on The Conspiracy, Mr. Tripp?
    No, just the ones who now admit they falsified the data, and the earth has actually been cooling the last 15 years.

It's always better to let me make my own points for myself. You setting up a straw man with something I did not say is silly and beneath the both of us.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 2:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't recall anyone admitting to falsifying all of the data that is indicative of global warming, nor do I understand how they managed to fool every other professional in the field into believing a premise so obviously untrue a judo instructor would catch on before the rest of them did.

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 3:08pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MTripp didn't catch on before the rest of them did. The global warming debate amongst the scientific community has been going strong for decades despite what you might have heard on the news. The previous decades have had people panicking over the potential coming ice age, now we're worried about the imminent heating of the globe. The raw climate data going back as far as we have data shows cyclical temperature fluctuations. We've just in the last few years finished the upside of one such and are now on the down side.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/11/2...-official-one/

http://climate.arm.ac.uk/averages.html

And if you just LOVE raw data, here are the country by country temperature analysis for the last 100 years:
    http://strata-sphere.com/blog/wp-con...5_vs_2008b.pdf

You can see that almost every one shows the temperature rise leveling off and dropping back down, and for the most part the trend is equal to that seen in the 1940s before the temperature dip that led to the fear in the 1970s that another ice age was emminent. They average global temperature may have trended up by a few tenths of a degree celsius in the last hundred years, but it's not the impending global catastrophe that people are trying to make it out to be.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 3:21pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are a glutton for punishment Hesperus...
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 3:58pm

Style: Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How does one go about thinking up the "stab self in throat with spear" stunt anyhow?

"Well, if I apply such-and-such force just right I won't perforate my trachea! It's brilliant! I've always wanted to stab myself in the throat with a pointy object and wow everyone with my kung-fu skills!"
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast