Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2004 11:43am

Style: japanese jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice combination!

another counter to the guy holding his wrist at the crux of a juji, pump his wrist right back to his body and then pull it back and away.

Yikes, easier shown than explained. Anyhow, it's courtesy of Jon Bluming.

Professional Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    2/13/2004 12:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Pro-Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A bicep crush can do serious damage, same as a calf crush.I know.I once fractured my forearm in a bicep crush.Sounds convenient that I'd say this, like I'm trying to prove my point.But I really honestly did.And I had aside control at the time.I ignored the apin, kept pushing down on his face/neck.Eventually I escaped.But after 6 weeks of pain.My doc said I had a fracture.
    For J-Lau's info, it was S-Lo that did it to me.
    Course I got those skinny forearms, that make my bicep crushes devestating, but also make them work on me.I used to not tap, figuring it was just pain, I had heard stories of bicep muscles rolling up but figured it was bunk.I haven't got caught in one in a long time, but if I was caught ,now I'd tap.

Posted On:
    2/13/2004 1:04pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've heard of people's forearms snapping in half because of bicep crushes. I think there's pain long before damage is done but damage will be done if you crank it like crazy.
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2004 1:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another good move. Was going to mention bicep crush; it is a sub hold and it will snap forearms.
    Don't think I've met anybody who can hold the arm there with a death grip. I always find that if they hold the arm: Just move your chest down to it, lock the arm in nice and tight, and arch back.
    Ah, you did say against Asia...

Professional Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    2/13/2004 10:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Pro-Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im not as skinny as I used to be.Being unable to walk this past month has given me a certain girth.
    I never liked being skinny...but I got tired of fighting roiders at 185.So I was forced to drop down.Then I got more skilled opponants and did much worse.Mayhap I'll just keep gaining and go back to fighting strong scrubs.
    (BTW, In general I of course agree, mostly the bicep crush is a pain thing that one can escape through fighting through the pain...kinda like a neck crank.I yell at my guys for tapping to neck cranks, I've never heard of a neck crank breaking someone neck.So until one of my guys becomes a quadreplegic I will yell at them.When one finally does become a quadreplegic I shall reconsider only if he never signed the waiver)

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    2/14/2004 12:55am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This move will not help you against ASIA! :p

He is too stupid to be choked.:D
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    2/15/2004 10:56am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Make sure you don't add the Crimson Tiger method of "Going Clubbing and drinking the night before in hopes he will have a hang over the next day"

It was ineffective!:D
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    2/15/2004 11:43am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is a question on pain compliance type moves, more on the theoretical side.

Should you ever tap to them?

I'm pretty new to bjj/grappling (~2-2.5 months, still suck) but had the ... pleasure of going by omega's school several months before starting out. It was mainly just a meet and greet type thing but in participating in a grappling class I got to watch him make fun of a student who tapped to a bicep splice (I think you asked him why he tapped and continued to do it saying "it's just pain", do you have younger siblings mike?).

Anyway since then, on moves that I know are primarily pain compliance, I don't often tap. Is there ever much reason to?

I will tap to neck cranks though, in my second class at a mma school (third formal grappling class ever) a guy did a can-opener on me, I didn't know what it was and I couldn't turn my head for a week. Luckily I have a short and fat neck so they're hard to get on me.

And how about when someone takes side and then trying for an armbar which I genie up on they drive their knee into my jaw. Am I a bitch for tapping to someone putting about a 100 pounds on my mandibular fossa/mandible's joint? I always feel like a bitch but I'm the only one I've seen fight it for so long.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    2/15/2004 11:56am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another question, your picture has your student posting with his arm on the ground when turning to armbar you, do you ever teach them to instead to post on your head with either their hand or with their elbow (double crossing the targeted arm)?

That seems to make it a lot easier to get the armbar and a lot more uncomfortable to resist it.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    2/15/2004 8:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tap if I don't know the move or if anyone even touches my legs (well not really but pretty close). If I know it is strictly pain I won't usually, except under extreme circumstances, it is only training afterall.

No one in my gym seems to have an issue with the grinding, course there are a fair number of guys currently sporting headgear as cauliflower ear heals up. Should tell them you shouldn't do it to people you want to train with...wait a minute...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast