Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 11:27pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

2010 Wish List

So 2009 is gone, and it leaves us with many good memories (GSP vs Penn, Anderson vs Forrest, ROY FREAKIN NELSON), some awful ones (TUF 10, Rua vs Machida, Brock Lesnar) and some hilarious ones (Diego Sanchez and the "Yes Cartwheel", Anderson vs Forrest, Chuck Liddell...dancing).

Anyways, this is the 2010 wishlist where everyone can share their dream matchups for the year, or anything else they would like to see change in the world of fighting.

My wishlist (so far):

Shogun vs Anderson Silva

GSP vs Anderson Silva

GSP vs Penn 3 (Don't tell me it wouldn't be satisfying)

GSP vs the combined powers of Superman, Spiderman, and the Incredible Hulk.

Wanderlei having an undefeated year

Brock Lesnar losing and then retiring only to periodically appear on television on infomercials for exercise equipment.

Gegard Mousasi joining the UFC and facing Shogun in a battle that will in all likelihood, destroy the earth.

Getting my weight down to 190.

That's it for now folks. Let the chaos begin.

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 11:34pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Fedor in the UFC.

2. Fedor in the UFC.

3. A second UFC Australian event. With Fedor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 11:35pm

Style: shorin ryu/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gina Carano wearing nothing but a bow with a little card that says "for Cisco"..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 11:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** me! How did I forget about Fedor!

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 11:40pm

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Machida/Shogun was a GREAT fight. Only the judging sucked.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 11:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agreed, I meant the judging. I want to see it again with Machida down and asleep, dreaming of Ralph Machio.

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 11:46pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh ****, how did I forget about Gina!!! I'm willing to let you have her first cisco, due to my oversight. Don't tell her I said that.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 4:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want Mirko Filipović to get Gina Carano (just as a girlfriend, with his wife's permission of course), GSP's sports psychologist, and then on February 21st put Ben Rothwell straight into a nightmare hell by rupturing his liver with LMK set up brilliantly by leg kicks and check hooks and giving us a few seconds to relish Ben's agony before putting the meanest left cross you ever saw flush into his temple.

He'll then fight Cain Velasquez (who lost to Big Nog after working him for two-and-a-half rounds and giving up a miracle RNC after a failed throw in the closing minutes) some time in late spring and lose the first round on his back despite a triangle attempt (which Joe Rogan freaks out about because "His legs are SO THICK! He's putting tremeeendous pressure on Cain's head and neck with those tree trunks he calls...and Cain's out, passed to side mount"). He comes out to the second round with two small cuts but murder in his eyes, gets in the fight with a RHK set up by hooks to the body and in turn puts the fear of Our Lady of KTFO into Velasquez. Cro Cop punishes a desperation shoot with a sprawl so hard Cain looks dazed, and works the turtle with soccer kicks and knees before waving him up with less than a minute to go. Mirko feints a straight left, Cain slips to his right, Mirko punts his consciousness into the cheap seats. The *crack* cuts off Goldberg in the middle of something that has nothing to do with anything, and there's a record six seconds of silence from the announcers before either of them can start to yammer anything.

Frank Mir is interim champ (Brock has yet to fight again) after he snags double plum on Shane Carwin, fakes a big knee and pulls Carwin down right into a triangle quick enough to maintain Shane's record longest fight at 2:31. He then outboxes a perfectly healthy Big Nog to a unanimous decision. Frank's cutting quite a bit to make 265 now, and very nearly misses for he and Mirko's interim title fight in late August. The first two rounds could go either way with a solid kicking workrate from Mirko and an astounding five submission attempts from Frank (including a lulzy attempt at a standing ankle lock). Mir is exhausted by the third and Filipović times a left very low kick to his calf for a classic banana peel footsweep. Cro Cop pounces on the dominant position and is rough with the ground and pound until Frank gets way-too-close with a straight armbar from under side. He completely drains his arms trying to finish it, and Mirko works back around to north-south and looks for the choke. No one thinks he has it until he stands up and pumps his arms, and Frank Mir lays motionless while being tended to by Yves Lavigne.

Brock Lesnar is finally back in fighting shape in time for a New Year's Eve title fight. The first three minutes are sheer terror for any Cro Cop fan as he is thrown and slammed and tripped and mounted and pounded in a series of furious scrambles. After several positively heroic escapes, he is up and away from the cage and jogs back to the middle of the octagon. Brock looks discouraged, Mirko surprises him with a spinning backfist and before you know it Lesnar is backpedaling along the cage winging the occasional arm punch with Filipović chasing him down with power punches that split his guard every which way. The world stops for a moment as a LHK barely skips off Brock's skull. He stumbles for a moment or two as Cro Cop turns back around from the follow through, but smiles and gestures for the Croation to Bring It! as the blood starts to pour down the left side of his face. Mirko doesn't like this one bit and catapults an even harder LHK that touches Brock's ear to his shoulder. There are tears of happiness in Mirko's eyes before Lesnar even finishes ragdolling to the canvas.

Dana White announces after the fight that the UFC has signed Fedor Emelianenko.

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 5:30am

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahaha. That's one elaborate fantasy. I'd allow myself to indulge in it, but Mirko has made me cry one too many times.

GSP's sports psychologist is the most important part of that picture, I think.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 7:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hesperus...I don't always agree with what you say, but that deserves a Pulitzer. Maybe three even.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast