Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/12/2010 7:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You might be right Arem, I just read that Sonnen in off the list, Maybe a rematch with Okami could work. He's scheduled to fight on Lucio Linhares the 03/31/2010. That's just me throwing a name out there. I did see somebody say the winner of Silva/Bisping but I think that's a big ass stretch.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2010 7:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nate, Maia and Sonnen all just fought, it woudl be strange if one of them makes the quick turnaround.

Posted On:
    2/12/2010 8:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wanderlei vs Anderson would be the only match I could actually see where Anderson would be facing an equal whilst standing.

If that fight happens one of them will win by submission, like a heel hook or something just to confuse the **** out of us and laugh about it later. Mark my fucking words.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    2/12/2010 10:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's Maia.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=71359
    Following a hard-fought three round win over Dan Miller at UFC 109 that showed him to be more than just a submission expert, Demian Maia will jump right back into training camp for the biggest fight of his career – an April 10th meeting with UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva in the main event of UFC 112 at Ferrari World on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi.

Maia replaces countryman Vitor Belfort, who underwent emergency surgery on his left shoulder earlier this week to fix a chronic injury that got worse in his training camp for Silva...
    Interesting choice, but it's really the only one they could make.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/12/2010 11:34pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a Maia fan, I have to say I am not looking forward to this. Anderson's striking is just too good. I think we will just see Maia punched in the face repeatedly until five rounds are done or he is unconscious. At least it won't be as bad as Marquardt. At least I hope not.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/13/2010 3:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They should make this a handicap fight where they have to start on the ground, that way at least some of the fight will be interesting. Silva is just scary standing and I have a very hard time seeing Maia making it out of the first round.

Posted On:
    2/13/2010 3:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After Wanderlei almost kills Bisping he should fight Anderson.

Other fights that NEED to happen:
    GSP vs Anderson Silva
    Serra vs GSP 3
    Wanderlei vs Rampage 4 (Wanderlei owes Quinton a concussion)
    Lesnar vs Carwin
    Mir vs Gonzaga
    Hamill vs Jones 2 (IMMEDIATELY)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2010 11:20am

Style: Backyard Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm so happy Maia gets the shot. I was trying to figure out how the **** Sonnen was #1 anyway since Maia destroyed him. Nate k-Maia-tfo but it was one shot, really early, I don't consider that really dominating Maia (Now if he did it again I'd retract that statement). Marquardt knocked out Maia -> Sonnen dominated Marquardt -> Maia dominated Sonnen = Sonnen#1?

This fight will go 1 of 3 ways.

1. Silva, being Silva, will decide he wants to go play on the ground to challenge himself against Maia. It will be a fantastic bout, possibly the most beautiful BJJ ever seen in the Octogan. Silva will perform fantastically, he will almost catch Maia in a sub early and then will continue to trouble Maia until the early 3rd. Sadly, if your a Spider fan, this is when Maia will catch Anderson with a beautiful fake and get the tap, win, and title. The sheer beauty of the BJJ will cause the Emirate fans to build a roof on Ferrari World and then blow the fucker off. Maia will get KTFO 1st round in the rematch.

2. Maia gets KTFO 1st round. I get pissed, thinking of what might have been in Abu Dabi.

3. Maia charges across the ring and Ryo Chonnen's Silva's ass. I have fightgasm all over my computer. Maia gets KTFO 1st round in the rematch.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    2/13/2010 3:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Flying.
    Scissor.
    Takedown.

Inverted.
    Heelhook.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2010 2:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli View Post
    Wanderlei vs Anderson would be the only match I could actually see where Anderson would be facing an equal whilst standing.

If that fight happens one of them will win by submission, like a heel hook or something just to confuse the **** out of us and laugh about it later. Mark my fucking words.
    I'm assuming you're joking. Wanderlei Silva the equal of Anderson Silva, standing or otherwise? Wanderlei at his best was never nearly as good with his hands as Anderson is now. Wandy would be way down the list of fighters with a chance to beat the Spider. I mean Jesus, he's 1 - 5 in his last 6 fights.

Wandy's gonna lose to Bisping anyway.

Anderson is going to demolish Maia, I just hope it's not like the Thales Leites fight.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast