• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/12/2010 10:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shame. Was looking forward to watching Belfort drop the ball as he usually does when it REALLY counts and watch his fanboys shut the **** up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2010 11:35am

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It would be awesome to see Demian Maia take this fight against Anderson Silva. Two top-level jiu jitsu fighters would fit nicely with UFC 112 as Abu Dhabi hosts world-class grappling. Could make for an entertaining fight - hopefully it won't end with an early first round knockout like Maia's fight with Nate Marquardt.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/12/2010 11:40am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Strange all the people that think Sonnen will get destroyed...I mean is strong suit is Andersons GLARING HOLE!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/12/2010 11:58am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling, Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapruder View Post
    Strange all the people that think Sonnen will get destroyed...I mean is strong suit is Andersons GLARING HOLE!
    You are a fucking kook!!??? Where do you get this ****??? Anderson Silva has no holes other than the one he tells you you are doomed thru!!

Ha Ha Ha!! Seriously, you mean his wrestling? Glaring? His takedown defense is good but if you end up in the clich with him, joo got problims!!

I dont think Sonnen could damage Silva much in guard! His jits too good!

And the fact Sonnen didnt know what to do to Nate when he had his back, well that wont happen against Anderson.

*Silva untouched for another 2 rounds till stoppage* against whoever.
    They better get sugar Shane Moseley with a club with some rusty nails (my old jnp defense) hammered thru the top to takedown the Silva!

As it is the Sonnen Silva will have to wait anyway.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    2/12/2010 12:25pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nwp View Post
    You are a fucking kook!!??? Where do you get this ****??? Anderson Silva has no holes other than the one he tells you you are doomed thru!!

Ha Ha Ha!! Seriously, you mean his wrestling? Glaring? His takedown defense is good but if you end up in the clich with him, joo got problims!!

I dont think Sonnen could damage Silva much in guard! His jits too good!

And the fact Sonnen didnt know what to do to Nate when he had his back, well that wont happen against Anderson.

*Silva untouched for another 2 rounds till stoppage* against whoever.
    They better get sugar Shane Moseley with a club with some rusty nails (my old jnp defense) hammered thru the top to takedown the Silva!

As it is the Sonnen Silva will have to wait anyway.
    Has Silva ever been on his back in a MMA fight? Has he ever faced a wrestler with similar takedowns abilities as Sonnen? I ask because I don't know.

If the answer to both of these questions is "no", then it might be an interesting fight if Sonnen can get Silva on his back. Sonnen's ability to posture up in Marquardt's guard looked pretty damn good for most of the fight in my opinion. However, I don't think Sonnen would have any room for error, standing or in Silva's guard.

This is a moot point right now anyway since it seems Sonnen will not be fighting Silva anytime soon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2010 1:26pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hendo put him on his back

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2010 1:35pm

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    hendo put him on his back
    Yes, he did. I think Dan Henderson was the only one to ever win a round against the Spider (at least in the UFC). Silva dominated in round 2 and got the tap with 5 seconds left in the second round. If I remember correctly, Travis Lutter was able to control Silva on the ground for a while, but the fight ended up with him in Silva's guard taking a lot of elbows to the head.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/12/2010 3:14pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A green Marquardt, still not known for his takedown skills, also put Anderson on his back, but didn't do anything with it. Of course, Marquardt's second takedown attempt in that fight caused him to get brutalized for his trouble.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    2/12/2010 5:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Silva's staying at 185 (probably to keep his training camp from making unnecessary changes), I think Maia might be the only top-10er in the division that's available to fight. I don't think it'll be that competitive, but anything can happen, i suppose.

Also, has anyone else seen this?
    http://middleeasy.com/index.php?opti...rticle&id=1559

Fight Magazine changed its rankings overnight, putting Sonnen at the top of the 185 list. Something fishy's going on.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/12/2010 6:54pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Am I the only one that thinks Anderson will end up fighting Marquardt? It kinda feels weird after Nate just got destroyed, but he's the only guy I can think of that's healthy, in the ufc, and 185 who is decently ranked.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast