Sponsored Links Spacer Image

北斗十字固拳

Posted On:
    3/10/2010 1:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There already is K1/Internation Rules kickboxing. There's nothing preventing any TKDer from competing in it. And anyone interested in real fighting probably should. But if you want to improve WTF competition _as is_ it really would only take two steps, imo. 1. Remove all padding but the Hogue. And 2. Score punches that land.

#1 would lead to more KO's and more attrition in matches, encouraging harder hits. #2 would penalize the foolish chest bumping and hands down stance.

Voila'! A "unique" form of fighting that would still encourage high kicking, but would be both more exciting and more realistic.

北斗十字固拳

Posted On:
    3/10/2010 2:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course, remove the padding altogether and add leg kicks and you have Kyokushin Knockdown.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2010 11:27pm

Style: The Way of Hand and Foot

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually in the older days of Taekwondo the sparring either no padding or just arm and shin guards, but still full contact. Way back when my school first opened, sparring was with no padding at all for example. I've had numerous black belts tell me that when they first began training they would go all out with no protective gear. Only later were the addition of hogus and arm and leg guards added.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2010 2:43pm

Style: taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Recently fought at the NC state championships under the new rule set. Though they did not have the electronic sensors I still had some interesting observations. First I noticed that the action did pick up and people were being more aggressive. Head kicks also seemed to be more common now. The one thing I didn't like was how they handle the additional points. Apparently they have to award the additional points for spinning and head kicks manually, so when someone lands a head kick or spinning kick the ref has to stop the match to allow the points to be rewarded. This virtuaully stops any momentum and hinders your counter attacks, but I think this is a problem that can be solved easily. I think if they just add a 2-point and a 3-point button onto the scoring remotes the action can remain continous.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345