Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yours truly

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 10:55am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep, OPLC3, OPLC4. I was squad leader in LC4, we trained for it months in advance with past SF guys (a lot of the same people as people you were working with) etc. Fun for sure. (BTW Bco obviously won every time ;))

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 11:13am

Style: Reality Self Defense

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, LC's are good...Irene's are good to, if you decide to go this year (September) give me a shout...Heard this one is at a Marine Corps MOUT...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2010 11:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wing-Kwan-Fu - We GET IT, You dont like the web page...We get it...Now move on and stop being a hater. Just do what you said and come down from Boston and check the school out...I will pay for your gas...We will make a whole day of it.

Posted On:
    2/12/2010 4:46pm

Style: close combat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i was wondering good sir what you think of bradley stieners concepts on the combat arts. I would also like to know what you think about the attack proof methodology

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2010 5:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jacob- Bradley's stuff stems from Farebanks and Applegate WW2 Mentality. I have studied and still study American Combatives with (Scott MacDonald) which is similar, but for me, the starting of techniques are too close, otherwise a lot of these strikes can be devastating if you are able to get that strike off.

I own the book "Kill or be Killed", Good Read and you can take a lot of good theory and philosophy out from it. The Masters can get these types of strikes off, but a system/concept/method should be seen and be useful for white grades/beginners as well. It should start off aggressive as soon as they walk in the door. This will expand the tunnel vision effect when in a hand to hand encounter, I can go on, but I wont bore ya...YES! You can learn something from this.

Attack Proof (Guided Chaos), I can speak personally about as well since I dibbed and dabbed in it. I have been to a seminar with Master Perkins as well...Again, stems from WW2...Not sure about the native Indian stuff, but hence is marketing.

I have a couple of friends who are Blackbelts in it, you can get some good theory from it, Are any of these systems for me, not really any more, but I think you can take enough out of them to add to your arsenal so they become instinctive instead of a complex gross motor skill.

So in closing, I think if you experience it would be good for you, you should see everything that is out there. Fighting happens in ALL ranges and should be adapted by every system.

I think the best thing for you however, is take me up on my offer, since you seem to like combatives. I deal with more realistic street stuff. I will not add something into my system if I know it wont work ALL THE TIME...Finally, keep it simple, I think you will have one heck of an eye opener if you were to try anything related to WW2 combatives on me...
    Last edited by zipit777; 2/12/2010 5:41pm at .

Posted On:
    2/12/2010 6:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sir i would not be able to train with you. I live in florida. I looked at your website. I dont really see the difference in what you espouse and say kempo or something of that nature teaches. I think your art and kempo are very similar. I just am not real sure about your whole system in general. I dont know maybe you can shed some light on this whole issue.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2010 9:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off I have no formal Kempo/Kenpo training. The fighting method is a hybrid or WingTzun (Boztepe/Allan Fong), KFM, Dirty Boxing, Jiu Jitsu/Grappling,Various Combative styles (Techniques from Systema, American Combatives, Various Krav). One aspect which you can not get out of my site pictures, is an actual class. You need to SEE and FEEL it. If I was going to say what we are all about, Reality Urban Self Defense. We fight extremely close to an individual. That is technically why I have posted the open house review on the site. We do not parry, block, of move back often. When someone throws any attack we move in. Our range of striking is different, we rip/twist flesh, use clothing to our advantage, We have a lot of elbows and we deal with anarchy training, Nothing choreographed or sequenced when we spar as one would see in a real street encounter.

Everyone that looks at my site or videos should see something that they are familiar with for there is nothing new under the sun, just presentation, theory and delivery.
    I will be in Florida in June for a Martial Arts Show, if you are near the Orlando area maybe you should stop by and see the demo and free workshop. You can email me off line as well, for I do not want to get off subject or be long winded. I can explain more.

EDIT: 2 of my apprentice instructors are Kenpo Blackbelts and when they began to train from the first day, they said they never trained like this before. We are getting many requests from other former combative systems asking if they can join the apprentice program, which takes 5 years to achieve FULL INSTRUCTOR LEVEL, Not 3 days. ;) You need to train it, not looking at stills. Each video has an aspect of some art in it, but only the stuff that REALLY works and is simple and damaging, otherwise I dont use it.
    Last edited by zipit777; 2/12/2010 11:00pm at .

Posted On:
    2/12/2010 11:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is a very concise response. However i can not forsee any reason why i would i would be in orlando. I do however appreciate your cordial responses and taking the time to explain your art to me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2010 2:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hear ya Jacob, just making an offer since I was going to be in the area and thank you for the questions and being professional.

Posted On:
    2/14/2010 11:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no problem i hope to at some time be able to get together although the chances of that seem pretty slim
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast