224859 Bullies, 3569 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 21
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. mad_malk is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Boynton
    Posts
    507

    Posted On:
    2/09/2010 3:30pm


     Style: Krav Maga/ Judo noob

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaohu View Post
    And, based on overwhelmingly numerous reports on gun forums all around the net, its quality control has gone out of the window over the last couple of years. I'd take a Springfield. I've owned 2, and they were both flawless.

    I'd say a Glock, SIG, or Springfield. I know you don't want another plastic pistol, but a Glock is a necessity for any collection. I mean, come on!
    interesting i haven't bought a new kimber in the last few years. However the one i do own was perfect right out of the display case.
  2. Hooded Justice is offline
    Hooded Justice's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Redmond, WA
    Posts
    926

    Posted On:
    2/09/2010 8:45pm


     Style: Justice/Firearms

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp View Post
    I think I've narrowed my choices down a little. I'm looking at a PTR91 (my friend showed me his last night), M1, a 1911 of some variety, or a shotgun.
    If you like 1911's try looking at Para Ordinance. They make a host of high capacity 1911 models chambered for I believe 9mm, .40 and .45acp. I have a 14-45 LDA and absolutely love it. Also never underestimate the power of a good Enfield bolt action by your side.
  3. Ampster is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2

    Posted On:
    2/10/2010 12:27am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Arnis, Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've got a few things from olympic target pistols to Elephant guns. If your looking for a good 1911 (Classic), why not the Springfield armory GI, or the Rock River Arms 1911. That's about as GI as you can get.

    As for long arms, AR's are ok but I don't like the fact that they're finnicky with ammo. How about a Ruger (Tactical) ranch rifle in 223? Personally, I like my WW II battle rifle collection—all flawlessly functioning.

    For something unique, a Taurus .410/45LC judge. A lot of people are gonna say its not practical, unproven, not enough gun... blah, blah, blah. I don't know of anyone who would want to stand in front of it when it fires
  4. Robstafarian is offline
    Robstafarian's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,823

    Posted On:
    2/10/2010 1:37am


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the 1911, I recommend you go with Rock Island Armory. I got a Parkerized GI model (essentially an M1911A1 with a flat mainspring housing) from "Bellshireguns" on GunBroker for $396.55 shipped (not counting my FFL's transfer fee). This site and many others discuss the quality of RIA 1911s, and "Bellshireguns" has a solid reputation. Hell, I only found out about him (I think I remember his name is Phil) because he's mentioned so much in forum discussions about 1911s.

    A quick look at GunBroker shows that there's been an inventory shift since I bought my pistol:
    I can't speak to the Tactical model, nor the Duracoat finish, but I couldn't ask for more from my GI model. This is the thread I started when I was thinking about getting a RIA 1911, it should provide a good starting point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

    What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

    That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.
  5. Don Gwinn is offline
    Don Gwinn's Avatar

    BJJ wins again!

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Virden, IL
    Posts
    3,569

    Posted On:
    2/10/2010 3:01am

    supporting member
     Style: Guns

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Every American should own a Garand. Go for it. If you have the patience, the Civilian Marksmanship Program will sell you a genuine M1 Garand for less than most new pistols will run you, and you'll have history going for you. Their requirements are very easy to satisfy (shoot in any kind of NRA competition even once and you should qualify, and that's if you have no military experience) and they'll ship the ultimate classic battle rifle straight to your doorstep.
    *********************************************
  6. FictionPimp is offline

    Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,147

    Posted On:
    2/10/2010 2:29pm


     Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    Every American should own a Garand. Go for it. If you have the patience, the Civilian Marksmanship Program will sell you a genuine M1 Garand for less than most new pistols will run you, and you'll have history going for you. Their requirements are very easy to satisfy (shoot in any kind of NRA competition even once and you should qualify, and that's if you have no military experience) and they'll ship the ultimate classic battle rifle straight to your doorstep.
    Thanks for the link! I just might do that.
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki
  7. money is offline
    money's Avatar

    Flyweight

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    1,577

    Posted On:
    2/10/2010 4:15pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sig is doing a $300 rebate on their 556 carbines right now, so you could probably get one for ~$1k.

    http://www.sigsauer.com/
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj
  8. IMightBeWrong is offline
    IMightBeWrong's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,074

    Posted On:
    2/10/2010 11:42pm


     Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    Sig is doing a $300 rebate on their 556 carbines right now, so you could probably get one for ~$1k.

    http://www.sigsauer.com/
    Becoming a SIG fan since you bought that 229? I figured this would happen. The next step in your obsession will be correcting anybody that spells SIG as "Sig" now that I've let you know the proper way to spell it (all caps, its an acronym).

    I unfortunately was forced to sell my 228 recently :( All I have now is my home defense shotgun, a .380 that was a gift from my father and my childhood Ruger Mk II...
  9. FictionPimp is offline

    Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,147

    Posted On:
    2/11/2010 9:49am


     Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I buy a M1 is it really worth the extra cash to the the CMP Special grade vs a service grade and new stock?

    I see the CMP special grade comes with a new barrel, but I'm not sure just how worn out a service grade barrel would be?

    I'm still on the fence, that SIG rebate is nice too, and I still want a 1911. Damn it! I need more cash LOL.
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki
  10. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,673

    Posted On:
    2/11/2010 1:10pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It told ya. Tikka, T3 super varmint .308. It's what's missing from your lineup. ;D
    Last edited by Mr. Machette; 2/11/2010 1:15pm at .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.