Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    2/08/2010 10:23pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

New gun time.

Ok, so the wife has given me permission to buy a new weapon. I've wanted to buy something for a while. The problem is now that I have permission, I can't decide what to buy!!

Here's my current collection:

Walther PPS 9mm (Current daily summer carry)
    Walther P99QA .40 (Current daily winter carry)
    Walther PPK .380 (actually, on loan from my step-dad)
    Ruger LCP .380
    SA XD 9m (4 inch)
    S&W 686+ .357
    A custom built AR-15
    A cheap ass AK (WASR-10)

I'm defiantly not looking for another generic black plastic pistol. I just can't figure out what I want. On one hand, a large caliber rifle sounds great, on the other hand, I've always wanted a 1911. I'm also a 'collector' of sorts and I wouldn't mind having a classic. I've also considered buying a replacement carry weapon in a larger caliber (For the record I like 4 o'clock IWB carry).

A couple of things that sprung to mind right away
    Ruger SR 556 - can always use another scary black gun, and the piston driven thing gets good reviews

Springfield Micro-compact 1911 - I'm used to only having 7 rounds on me with my PPS. Only these 7 rounds would be in a beautiful gun and be .45

Kimber Ultra Carry II (or some other small kimber) - Same as above

A colt lightweight commander - I'm worried the micro 1911's might be uncomfortable to shoot or have too much muzzle lift. I've shot 4 inch 1911's, but I dont' know anyone with a 3 inch 1911. However, I've shot the PPS in .40 and found that easy to control.

Some kind of large caliber rifle - anything could fit the bill here really. It would give me a reason to go to the long side of the range.

Anyway, I'm open to suggestions, maybe something on your wish list will tweak my eye and help me make a decision. I'm trying to stay under $1500 (I'd like to stay under $1000)
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2010 11:00pm

Style: Krav Maga/ Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KIMBER is In My not so Humble Opinion Is one of the best 1911 manufactures out there for the money.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    2/08/2010 11:38pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Been coming across this site from time to time:

http://www.ar15-kits.com/

I already purchased a custom piston AR but might want to do a kit some time down the line just for the hell of it. Give it away as a present to someone. I mean seriously, what better gift to give someone.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2010 11:51pm

Style: TKD/karate/jkd noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got 2 new pistols this week for under 900 I got the Judge from Taurus and a New Model Super Blackhawk. The Ruger is .44 magnum and it shot real nice first time out had a six inch grouping for 12 shots at 25 yards. The Judge was pretty sweet it is chambered for .45 colt or .410 3 inch shotgun shells. Good little trail gun for snakes and at 12 to 15 yards fairly accurate of course this isn't a competition gun but I think it is definitely a good choice for home defense with the choice of home defense shot gun rounds.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 12:14am

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, if I had the money to spend I would get one of the following:

Alexander Arms AR-15 in .50 Beowulf
    STI Edge in .40
    Remington 11-87 tactical
    Ruger Super-Redhawk in .454 Casull

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 10:32am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, I'm going in a different route. About a two weeks ago, I got the new S&W AR15-22. I wanted something to go out and train with, and I wasn't disappointed. This little gun is fun as hell to shoot, and the best part is that it functions the same way it's .223 big brother does. All the controls your used to on the .223 version, work and have a function on the .22. The mag drops free, which was a concern for me, as I do have conversion kits for my ARs, and the mags have to be striped from the mag well, which causes training scars.

The trigger was also a cercern. I was afraid that the trigger would be different from the .223 version. Well, it wasn't. The trigger pull felt good, and reset with the familiar "clunk" that we all know and love.

Sighting is was a snap, as the sights were of standard AR variety. I used .36gr Remmington Golden bullets to sight it in, and found the accuracy to be acceptable. After sighting it in, I shot about 100 rds through it with the Golden Bullets without any problems. I then switched to .36gr Federal Bulk pack bullets, shooting about 250 rds without any problems.

All in all, this is a great little gun, and worth the money if you really want to do some serious AR training.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 11:19am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why not get a shotgun?

I love the Mossberg 500 series: lots of accessories and fun to customize.

You can also never have enough revolvers. Think about the 8-shot S&W performance series, or for less $, the Taurus 608 on .357.

For collector fun, you can get a Thompson Sub-machine gun for under 1500. They make Semi-auto-only ones for commercial sale. Insanely fun to shoot.

You don't have a Mosin-Nagant yet? What's wrong with you?

How about a big-bore, hard-ass african-big-game revolver? I am selling my scoped super-Redhawk in .454 Casull for 750 bucks. You should see what it does to watermelons...

YouTube- 454 Melon
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 11:34am

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_malk View Post
    KIMBER is In My not so Humble Opinion Is one of the best 1911 manufactures out there for the money.
    And, based on overwhelmingly numerous reports on gun forums all around the net, its quality control has gone out of the window over the last couple of years. I'd take a Springfield. I've owned 2, and they were both flawless.

I'd say a Glock, SIG, or Springfield. I know you don't want another plastic pistol, but a Glock is a necessity for any collection. I mean, come on!

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 11:57am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I've narrowed my choices down a little. I'm looking at a PTR91 (my friend showed me his last night), M1, a 1911 of some variety, or a shotgun.

Mossbergs are cheap enough I may be able to swing one of those and a second weapon, like another plastic pistol.

I've tried to buy a mosin a few times, each time I just can't find one I'm happy with. Plus the thought of cleaning all that cosmoline....
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 1:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see you are missing a nice bolt gun. Might I recommend a Tikka Super Varmint? they can be had in the neigborhood of @ $600, and are as fine a rifle as you will ever get at that price.

As for the Mossy, go for the 590a1. Heavy barrel, ghost ring sights, and my personal favorite, a BAYONET LUG. Nothing says "GONNNNA KEEEEEEEEEIIIIILLLLLL YOOOOOUUUU!!!!!!" like a shotgun with a bayonet. I have an M-7 on mine becase it is affordable. But the M-9 has a wider blade and evil looking serrations, very intimidating. (the M-9 runs upwards of $200 though, so WTF mang?. M-7 is anywhere from $20-$60, and historically accurate to the weapon.)

Failing that, if must get another hand gun. Get a CZ 75sp01. Just trust me.

Tangfoglio Witness Gold Elite in 10mm is also an excellent choice. Basically the same machine as the CZ, but on steroids. Boast the option of kits in any caliber for it's frame. (I hear EAA's costumer service is lacking though...) They are also very affordable, with the basic witness being @ $400 or less, and the Gold Elite being @ $600 - $700. (QC is much better with the Gold elite series BTW.) I had a basic witness in 10mm, and the thing was a damn lead laser. I could hit a 2"x4" off hand at one hundred yards. Did it for shits and giggles, and got both when I actually hit the thing! Never had a handgun that could do that before!
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast