222016 Bullies, 4199 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2010 2:01pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Looking for feedback on training sequence

So, the story of how Fight came to be, starting with some short stories I derived from members of this site to the project it is today is a long and sorted one.

The short version of where we are is we have a screenplay for a full length animated movie about amateur MMA fighting in the north eastern United States. Along with the script, we're putting together a film trailer to illustrate the look and feel that we're going for to present to potential investors.

Below is the first cut we've put together of characters interacting with action. The pause from the coach is for a line he has when we do the complete render.

YouTube- Fight Scene 1 v03

One of the challenges with the character punching in particular was that we wanted to create a technically faithful illustration of training without being technically perfect, since the character himself is relatively inexperienced and something of a brawler.

So, I'm looking for opinions on how to body motion looks. Since this project started with BS I consider BS the peers that will ultimately judge its artistic value.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    2/08/2010 2:21pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will say, that some slick looking movement for a CGI project. Very well put together and I look forward to seeing the finished product.
    Movement looked good to me.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    2/08/2010 2:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trainer should be pushing the pads into the punches to absorb the force, they shouldn't be flying back like that.

Unless you're going to do a scene later where the coach breaks his own nose.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2010 5:58pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    Trainer should be pushing the pads into the punches to absorb the force, they shouldn't be flying back like that.

Unless you're going to do a scene later where the coach breaks his own nose.
    Yeah, I was worried about that. Because of the animation and style we're going for we were shooting for some believable exaggeration of movements. I was thinking the mitts reeled too far back even with that in mind, this confirms it.

Well, we were going to make some changes when the lines were added in. So that shouldn't be a huge change.

Kintonan- If you'd like to actually see some of the textures and models they're up at fightflick.net