Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

{Spoilers) UFC 109: Relentless. Randy Couture vs Mark Coleman. Feb. 6, 2010

Ultimate Fighting Championhip 109: Relentless
    Feb. 6, 2010
    Mandalay Bay Events Centre
    Las Vegas, Nevada

The biggest sports weekend of the year gets even bigger with UFC 109: RELENTLESS. In the main event, it’s the clash of legends UFC fans have waited ten years for when Hall of Famers Randy “The Natural” Couture and Mark “The Hammer” Coleman finally square off in a battle for the ages. The UFC's top two middleweight contenders, Nate Marquardt and Chael Sonnen, collide in a bout that will move the winner one step closer to a world title shot. Plus, two of the game's 170-pound superstars, former champion Matt Serra and two-time title challenger Frank Trigg, meet for the first time in a pivotal matchup. UFC 109: Relentless, Saturday, February 6, live on pay-per-view from the Mandalay Bay Events Center, in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Randy 'The Natural' Couture vs Mark 'The Hammer' Coleman
    Nate 'The Great' Marquardt vs Chael Sonnen
    Mike 'Quick' Swick vs Paulo Thiago
    Demian Maia vs Dan Miller
    Matt 'The Terror' Serra vs Frank 'Twinkle Toes' Trigg
    Mac Danzig vs Justin Buchholz
    Melvin 'The Young Assassin' Guillard vs Ronys Torres
    Phillipe 'The Filipino Assassin' Nover vs Rob 'The Saint' Emerson
    Brian 'All American' Stann vs Phil 'Mr. Wonderful' Davis
    Tim 'The Thrashing Machine' Hague vs Chris 'The Crowbar' Tuchscherer
    Mostapha Al Turk vs Rolles Gracie Jr

Picks?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    1/04/2010 4:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What a weird card.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    1/04/2010 4:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm excited to see Maia back in action, hopefully another Sub of the Night. Pleasantly surprised to see Guillard and Rolles back as well.

An interesting card, but I think it'll be a good one.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    1/04/2010 4:24pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Couture via better cardio. Maia by comback sub. Haven't seen Rolles fight, first time seeing a Gracie besides Royce in the Octagon so I'm curious. And, he's a heavy too...sweet! Another big boy in the mix.

Posted On:
    1/04/2010 4:35pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A Gracie in the UFC? When was the last time there was a Gracie in the UFC? Royce's embarrassment against Matt Hughes in UFC 60 back in 2006?

I can’t see how the UFC calls the Serra – Trigg fight ‘pivotal.’ Maybe it is pivotal in their careers as the loser is out?

At age 47 Randy finally fights someone his age bracket, Mark Coleman who is 46. Should be noted both are still putting on fairly good shows which speaks to their physique, conditioning and ability to do mixed martial arts for a long time.

Randy 'The Natural' Couture vs Mark 'The Hammer' Coleman - by UD
    Nate 'The Great' Marquardt vs Chael Sonnen - I can't see Sonnen keep the crafty Marquardt down for long, and Nate's stand up is more dynamic than Chael's. Marquardt by UD
    Mike 'Quick' Swick vs Paulo Thiago - I can see Thiago's strong wrestling and BJJ taking over the fight for the UD
    Demian Maia vs Dan Miller - Hopefully by cool submission
    Matt 'The Terror' Serra vs Frank 'Twinkle Toes' Trigg - I have no idea and couldn't care less. Hope it's a good fight though
    Mostapha Al Turk vs Rolles Gracie Jr - By sub
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    1/04/2010 5:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff View Post
    A Gracie in the UFC? When was the last time there was a Gracie in the UFC? Royce's embarrassment against Matt Hughes in UFC 60 back in 2006?

I can’t see how the UFC calls the Serra – Trigg fight ‘pivotal.’ Maybe it is pivotal in their careers as the loser is out?

At age 47 Randy finally fights someone his age bracket, Mark Coleman who is 46. Should be noted both are still putting on fairly good shows which speaks to their physique, conditioning and ability to do mixed martial arts for a long time.

Randy 'The Natural' Couture vs Mark 'The Hammer' Coleman - by UD
    Nate 'The Great' Marquardt vs Chael Sonnen - I can't see Sonnen keep the crafty Marquardt down for long, and Nate's stand up is more dynamic than Chael's. Marquardt by UD
    Mike 'Quick' Swick vs Paulo Thiago - I can see Thiago's strong wrestling and BJJ taking over the fight for the UD
    Demian Maia vs Dan Miller - Hopefully by cool submission
    Matt 'The Terror' Serra vs Frank 'Twinkle Toes' Trigg - I have no idea and couldn't care less. Hope it's a good fight though
    Mostapha Al Turk vs Rolles Gracie Jr - By sub
    Yeah...very unfortunate showing. I do like that they are not throwing him in with the wolves, so to speak, on his first outing. If they do it right and allow him time to grow as well as him doing his part and improving, the UFC could have a potential goldmine with the "continuing the Gracie legacy" angle.

Posted On:
    1/04/2010 9:38pm

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine View Post
    Yeah...very unfortunate showing. I do like that they are not throwing him in with the wolves, so to speak, on his first outing. If they do it right and allow him time to grow as well as him doing his part and improving, the UFC could have a potential goldmine with the "continuing the Gracie legacy" angle.
    Isn't Renzo also fighting in the UFC soon? That'd be an excellent angle in a period where most of the title holders seem either unbeatable, injured or the beneficiary of Cecil Peoples.

Posted On:
    1/05/2010 12:54am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Off View Post
    Isn't Renzo also fighting in the UFC soon? That'd be an excellent angle in a period where most of the title holders seem either unbeatable, injured or the beneficiary of Cecil Peoples.
    That's right:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renzo_Gracie#UFC

Damn, six fight contract (if wikipedia is to be believed). First fight is suppose to be Matt Hughes...oh yeah, they are totally going to milk the revenge. I think Gracie takes it the same way he took it against Miletich. I think he will pick him apart standing and then Matt goes for the takedown and lands in a tight arm-in guillotine.

Damn, I've been predicting fights like crazy...oh well, let the trend continue.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2010 5:24am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Strange card.

Looking forward to Marquardt and Sonnen. Couldnt give two fucks about Frank Trigg or Mark Coleman though so......

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2010 5:39am

Style: FMA, MT & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a very strange card.
    Cotoure - Coleman would have been exciting a couple of years back, but I just find myself not caring. Cotoure will probably take it by Coleman gassing early.
    Marquardt - Sonnen could be a great fight, not sure what Sonnen has done to deserve being pushed for a titleshot, Marquardt deserves it though and I think he'll win this one.
    Swick - Thiago, don't know, Thiago is one of those fighters that have sort of slipped under my radar a bit.
    Maia - Miller, hopefully Maia will bounce back and win by sweet sweet BJJ.
    Serra - Trigg, could be a good fight, but...I don't even know why they signed Trigg back to the UFC in the first place, and Serra hasn't looked impressive since he knocked out GSP. Hopefully they will both put on a last good fight.

I hear Rolles is good, but I'm not expecting much from this particular fight. Al Turks showing in the UFC so far has been far from impressive, and I haven't seen any indication that he has either the wrestling or the grappling to stop Rolles. Sure, he MIGHT KO Rolles before it hits the ground, but I think this will be an easy fight. Not sure if the UFC wants to cash in on the Gracie name, or if Al Turk was just the fighter available.
Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast