Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/06/2010 3:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    rhadi haters for what? has he done anything worth hating on?
    Ugly judo and profiting from his judo knowledge. Go take a look at judo forum if you need a dose of reactionary disdain.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2010 6:45pm

Style: Christopher Hitchens-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    some people hate the way he promotes himself.
    if you see his vids, his opening lines are always, i'm DOCTOR fergusson, i was an OLYMPIAN, former WOLRD CLASS fighter, bjj BLACK BELT etc.
    but he IS all those things. he shouldn't be knocked because he is trying to carve a living, but some people just don't like that as that kind of marketing isn't common in judo.
    in the judo community, there is a notion that judo should not be done for money, ever.
    i don't know very many judo people who make any money from judo, and i think that is pretty much the norm within judo. unless you are a high level coach for hire, there just isn't much money in judo.

i do dislike rhadi's way of selling his dvds though. he's got multiple websites that is poorly put together, and for his dvds, "all these dvds that is worth $3000 can be had for a limited time for $300!!!" i think that like of marketing devalues his products and puts it at the informercial level. he should just set a reasonable price and sell it at that i think.

Posted On:
    2/06/2010 8:34pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ferguson would literally pick up judo guys and throw them. Not a judo throw, but picking people up like a baseball and throwing them. This pissed of many judo players and caused a huge rift in the judo community.

Judo people said Ferguson had no skill because he was just picking people up and throwing them. Ferguson countered that he didn't pick people up because he had to, but because he wanted to.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2010 10:22pm

Style: Christopher Hitchens-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well, morote gari IS a judo throw. there is no question about that.

and rhadi is not the first person to have success with morote gari in judo. van de walle did this decades ago, and has a olympic gold and a WHACK load of other medals to prove it.

rhadi doesn't deserve the **** he puts up with with people calling his judo ugly. i thought it was brilliant in his part to call his morote gari instructional video, 'ugly judo'. but that probably increased the disdain of his haters.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12