Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    2/13/2010 3:45am

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It reads like you're attending the funeral (which I'm sure you will also be doing) instead of the throwdown.

Glad you'll be attending the throwdown, I'm crossing my fingers that you look like a giant death robot in person.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/13/2010 4:15am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah...okay. The funeral for my friend is this Monday. I've made arrangements, I will be coming to the throwdown. If the kid is up for it Serge tell the schmuck who said he would never give up in a fight he can face me and and I'll run him through the grinder.

Posted On:
    2/13/2010 12:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    Ah...okay. The funeral for my friend is this Monday.
    my prayers are with you guys, I couldn't read the whole article, that kind of stuff is just too sad and I think about my son and....*bleh*

I've made arrangements, I will be coming to the throwdown. If the kid is up for it Serge tell the schmuck who said he would never give up in a fight he can face me and and I'll run him through the grinder.
    I think there is some comedy gold waiting to happen. Also, I expect it to be a pretty good time, Hopefully Alex and some of the Muay Thai guys will be there, I might get some peeps from the BJJ-gym I train at. In addition, "Cali Sambo" t-shirts might be available in time!
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    2/18/2010 9:35pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, so I will get there at 11:00 AM, if the fight is going to be at 12:00 noon. Is this the new plan?

I will go over the rules from that other **** hole of a thread and post them up Friday so we go into the weekend with everyone knowing what is going on.

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Posted On:
    2/18/2010 11:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu View Post
    OK, so I will get there at 11:00 AM, if the fight is going to be at 12:00 noon. Is this the new plan?

I will go over the rules from that other **** hole of a thread and post them up Friday so we go into the weekend with everyone knowing what is going on.
    if you two like noon, then noon is fine. We can have the usual informal sparring mixed in amongst that.

I have Karaoke Rob with the video camera and hopefully V___ will play cut man.

Are you and Chris wearing headgear? It is an amateur fight/if we are even gonna call it a "fight" *wink*

We should also check gear: gloves, cup and etc to make sure they are uniform and there isn't loose stitching, sewing needles, AIDS injectors&such.

Do you have a corner-man? I can have one of my guys sit in with you but I'd prefer it if someone who knows you and is looking out for your safety -and your strategy- is in your corner.

Plz find that rules set. I can't get myself to do it. Its kind of like finishing GTA III and never wanting to look back at the cool stuff...
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Posted On:
    2/19/2010 12:45am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried to call it a match but it has gone way beyond that now. We should call it whatever we need to. Headgear has not been discussed and I would hate to hear the whiners idea about it and some kind of "preventative excuse making" bullshit. The rules are for safety so we don't need all kinds of gear, right?....

I have one guy coming with me, as my corner man, but it would be nice to have a few more people helping with stuff like towels, stool, etc....I also have a camera on a tripod to film with.

Equipment check etc...ya. I'll get those rules up. Not sure if Sirc knows how to read though so someone might have to help him.

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    DTT vs Sirc

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    2/19/2010 7:46am

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu View Post
    I tried to call it a match but it has gone way beyond that now. We should call it whatever we need to. Headgear has not been discussed and I would hate to hear the whiners idea about it and some kind of "preventative excuse making" bullshit. The rules are for safety so we don't need all kinds of gear, right?....

I have one guy coming with me, as my corner man, but it would be nice to have a few more people helping with stuff like towels, stool, etc....I also have a camera on a tripod to film with.

Equipment check etc...ya. I'll get those rules up. Not sure if Sirc knows how to read though so someone might have to help him.
    I plan to be there and if I make it I'm more than willing to help you out with whatever you need.

I don't have a dog in this fight, I just want it to be fair and see it actually happen with no excuses on either side. Knowing Omega, I am not concerned with Sirc being unprepared or not adequately supported. When the fight was at 2:00 I planned to offer my services as a sparring partner and help you run through anything you think Sirc might try.

When it looked like Omega might not make it, I considered making the same offer to Sirc and even looked into finding some local Wing Chun guys to help prepare him while I played the role of "MMA guy" with you.

Bottom line, I'm willing to help out where ever I can be useful, whether it be in either corner, or acting as a time keeper or judge.

Speaking of which, I know everyone is hoping for a decisive finish, and both fighters are likely to be receptive to feedback here on bullshido, but has there been any consideration to appointing some judges to render some sort of decision if needed? I know it is the 11th hour, but I am confident in my ability to objectively judge based on any criteria the fighters can agree upon. UFC scoring, Pride scoring, Olympic Boxing Scoring, whatever.

Posted On:
    2/19/2010 10:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Punisher, that is awesome.

It is still on for 2:00 PM until we here from Sirc about the proposed time change of 12:00 noon. I will get there at 11:00 AM either way.

Judges will be decided on location from the Bullshido members I guess. Could be 3 or 5 even. The real judging will be done here, in white font on a black screen, as it always is.......

DTT vs Sirc

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    2/19/2010 2:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When did I propose a 12:00 change?

Don't be stupid.

This will be at 2:00pm like we have proposed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2010 2:40pm

Style: Isshin-ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    When did I propose a 12:00 change?

Don't be stupid.

This will be at 2:00pm like we have proposed.
    You didn't. I mentioned earlier in this thread that it would make more sense to have the match in the middle of the TD, rather than an hour after it would normally end. Serge's class typically runs from 11:00 to 1:00, and thats roughly the projected time for the actual TD. I know that I can't take 3 hours out of my sunday, and I suspect other's may not be able to as well.

Besides, if this is a quick match with a submission or something, I know myself and others wouldn't mind rolling with you or doing some standup with DDT afterwards.

Just some thoughts.
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast