Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 11:23am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Good lord you are a pretentious ass. It is like listening to southpaw all over again.

Haha... First of all this is YMAS so you cant really take me seriously. It is true though that if you want attention you need to make an emotional connection with those you seek attention from.

I can see how people might take me the wrong way, even in real life most people donít know if I am serious or not unless I show facial expressions. Maybe you might think I am talking down but in no way do I claim or insinuate I am any better than the next guy.

Truth is I am here to improve my written ability, yes, itís lacking.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 11:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should. Most chunners become coherent when they drop the baggage and fighting for all chunners.

Your instructor is straddling the fence.

really? If that is your assessment I will kindly consider how I am perceived. I dont remember defending any "chunner" as of yet. I am certain southpaw will confirm I have never implied that I nor WC is "the badd ass" answer for all solutions, unbeatable or any other nonsense. I am just a human being that knows something some people find useful, intriguing, and or enjoyable to practice.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 11:36am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chainpunch View Post
    really? If that is your assessment I will kindly consider how I am perceived. I dont remember defending any "chunner" as of yet. I am certain southpaw will confirm I have never implied that I nor WC is "the badd ass" answer for all solutions, unbeatable or any other nonsense. I am just a human being that knows something some people find useful, intriguing, and or enjoyable to practice.
    See, I didn't say anything remotely close to what you just typed. Yet, that is a common characteristics of chunners. This huge chip they bring in that makes them read everything as confrontational.

Yes, you do defend the chun and chunners. You also blast them. Hence my comment of straddling the fence.

This will turn into another semantics debate so, enjoy yourself. No, the "It is YMAS" defense works when you are being an ass. It doesn't mean "oh don't take what I mean seriously."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 11:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See, I didn't say anything remotely close to what you just typed. Yet, that is a common characteristics of chunners. This huge chip they bring in that makes them read everything as confrontational.

Yes, you do defend the chun and chunners. You also blast them. Hence my comment of straddling the fence.

This will turn into another semantics debate so, enjoy yourself. No, the "It is YMAS" defense works when you are being an ass. It doesn't mean "oh don't take what I mean seriously."

You are correct, I mistook your comment to mean I defend WC nonsense, I clearly see what you meant now. I dont think this type of misunderstanding only exists with "chunners" but you are right semantics seems to be the cause of most arguments here.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 12:06pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are correct, I mistook your comment to mean I defend WC nonsense, I clearly see what you meant now. I dont think this type of misunderstanding only exists with "chunners" but you are right semantics seems to be the cause of most arguments here.
    It is a chun thread I used chun. You've seen enough of my posts to know I blame ALL CMAers for this silliness. Myself included at one point.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 12:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is a chun thread I used chun. You've seen enough of my posts to know I blame ALL CMAers for this silliness. Myself included at one point.
    Yes, I admit to it as well to some degree. Years ago at least one of my students presented the argument street vs sport and I am sure I answered him in similar fashion as what is observed here. After seeing other people respond in defense of TMA I clearly saw the answer is unacceptable. Sport MA has valid points that cannot be refuted through words/ excuses.

I dont think I ever argued that sport type MA are inferior to what we do just that its good to think about defense without a rules restriction. I have always given respect to those that compete and understand without sparing you have no clue how you will perform. I have never subscribed to the idea that sparing or competition is in anyway a detriment.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 12:31pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, I admit to it as well to some degree. Years ago at least one of my students presented the argument street vs sport and I am sure I answered him in similar fashion as what is observed here. After seeing other people respond in defense of TMA I clearly saw the answer is unacceptable. Sport MA has valid points that cannot be refuted through words/ excuses.

I dont think I ever argued that sport type MA are inferior to what we do just that its good to think about defense without a rules restriction. I have always given respect to those that compete and understand without sparing you have no clue how you will perform. I have never subscribed to the idea that sparing or competition is in anyway a detriment.
    Trust me I was there and it was promoted that way in my former school.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 6:52pm

Style: Jee Shin Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find it ironic that alot of Chun schools practice a fighting art but refuse to fight :|

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 10:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Your instructor is straddling the fence.
    Is that better or worse than stealing the peach?
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 11:10am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    Is that better or worse than stealing the peach?
    Same technique, different name in another lineage.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal