Sponsored Links Spacer Image

X

Posted On:
    2/14/2004 12:55pm

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I read it now... To me it seems the Fence is basically what normal people call 'common sense'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2004 12:59pm

Style: RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right. Except some people think that things have to be complicated in order to be good. So they end up belittling things because they're too simple.

The technique is a diamond. But no one naturally uses it. There are underlying theories that have to be learned adhered to, and a great deal of practice is required. And it goes beyond the physical level too.

But thatnks for finally actually reading about the thing you've slagged off so much. I'm educating you.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    2/14/2004 4:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hearing his name somewhere is hardly a claim of knowledge. It was you that wanted more info on the Fence. Give us this, give us that. So what do you know?

Amazingly, this thread is full of people who think the guy has something to offer, but you're still trying to somehow put the onus on me to provide you wirth something.

And, I know I'm repeating myself...... But why ask if you then move it to the inappropriate "Off Topic" forum?
    Alright moron, let me explain something to you. I am a moderator. In each and every one of your threads I have tried to ask questions and direct you in ways that might make it easier for you to post your reviews. I have ALSO done my best to keep people reasonable and open-minded. That's moderating.

I OPENLY OPPOSED putting your "Open-Minded" thread in Trollshido. And I DID NOT put your Fence explanation in Off-Topic, and you know it. I went to double-check that this morning in good faith to address your complaint. I was ready to question DRD's judgement about that. I get home and find out you've been trolling me all day. What gives? Are you just stupid?
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    2/15/2004 5:01am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PMing the mods . . . . what a stupid idea eh? Some people just don't learn. Name calling, talking serious **** and acting the fool don't get you too far.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 8:19am

Style: Zenchido (tm)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "The technique is a diamond. But no one naturally uses it. There are underlying theories that have to be learned adhered to, and a great deal of practice is required. And it goes beyond the physical level too."

Hey, sounds like what we do in Zenchido (tm). Dick Spartacus has evolved a tehcnique that no-one uses too, it's called The Hedge (tm). It goes beyond the physical level into the realm of the psychotherpeutic, it's great.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 8:44am

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, for what it's worth, I like the Fence. It works for me and I like Geoff Thompson's stuff, as previously stated. Please don't think ill of GT because of Bri Thai's inexplicable attitude.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 9:09am

supporting member
     Style: MMA, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bri Thai:

I personally found the GT website interesting, and no, I had never heard of him before.

I'm not a big one for buying videos, but there are a few on that site that I would like to see.

True, the concept of The Fence is not exactly new, but I am sure GT has an interesting take on it, from which I could learn a thing or too.

Having said that, do you think that there may be something in your tone and in your attitude that results in many of your threads degenerating into flame wars?

This is not an ad hominim attack; I am not seeking to avoid a logical debate by attacking you personally.

I only suggest that, perhaps, if you found a less abrasive mode of discourse the result might be a more open minded, civil and enlightening discussion of the ideas you put forward.
    The vast Universe!
    The Way of Aiki to to become
    The light of all mankind
    Opening all the world

--O Sensei

:gaygay:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2004 8:22pm

Style: boxing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** LLL beat me to it. Still it seems that there is money to be made in the field of educating the in-duh-vidual
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567