Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2010 1:15am

Style: Reality Self Defense

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I checked that out as well, he has a small commercial, no substance and his "banquet" which is dinner and TV at a table....I contacted the organization to ask for some certifications...We will see what happens...I am friending him on facebook to see if he has any cert's posted up there...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2010 1:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rids, that lineage is HIS page, that is what he claims...He even has Yip Man lineage in there and if he is an Instructor in anything (Sifu) he would be listed under the Wing Chun Archives hands down. He is putting that on his site for validity...He has everything listed on there.
    He also claims to be this executive protection guy with no certifications on that as well...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2010 1:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the BEST - This is what he lists as one of his certifications: LMAO!
    C.P.S.T. Human Lie Detection Certified- Japan
    Everything this guy claims is in Japan and has been only there for 5 years as far as I can read from his bio

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2010 1:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I checked his facebook photos which is available for anyone to see, and NO CERTS...

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    2/02/2010 1:41am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His introductory post with background on the GLOBAL NETWORK OF PROFESSIONAL REALITY BASED FIGHTING INSTRUCTORS Facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...23&topic=13434

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2010 2:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do you quietly become a GRANDMASTER with NO CERTS!

Posted On:
    2/02/2010 8:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Free Style Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I debated if I should post this on here or just discuss it with David, I decided to post since now my name is on the internat in such a way, I need to clear thing up..

have been forced to confront something. I have enjoyed this new organization very much. I joined it to make friends with the west again.

But I have had something very disturbing to me happen. One of my Instructors brought to my attention that I was being slandered on the Bushido website. I have nothing to hide, so I would like to confront this.
    I was able to fInd the source.

I coppied and pasted the same English translation C.V. or bio.that's on my website for the Japan government to get my license and be able to work in Japan, as I did on this website. They checked and felt comfortable with it's legitimacy and after 6 months I was licensed and given permanent residency status as well, My organization is certified and hedquarted there.
    That's all I care about, the important people. But slander and assumptions is another thing.

My emails on my website and Bushido website's post I have had many people sarcastically calling me Jason Borne, Phony or suggesting I am lying. I have studied extensively over the years and have several certifications in Asia and America and apparently they can't find my cerifications on the public domain. I guess I never went to high school either as I can't find anything on the net.

I haven't ever gone without taking a class or course or enrolled in a community college class of some sort.

I have been doing so all my life. I am an extremely hungry indivual with many interest that's why I moved to Asia to get more, more, more

I see this recent post felt that my Biography was B.S. and felt the need to go to Bulshido, Why, because he couldn't find many things on the internet about my claims.

First of all, it is not B.S. and I really don't care for the lack of professionalism by assumptions and the subsequent postings of negatives of my name all over the internet.

It's quite nebulious thinking that everything all the world revolves around the internet, and not everything is American or Western based or America or Western Associated. Most of the internet is blocked in many places in Asia. And there are many small associations not affliated with America and don't see the need for a website as they survived before the internet for years, Amazing.

Everything is different in Asian martial arts in Asia.
    I have noticed, just the titles and slang used on his site isn't actually used in Japan the same way.

I live in Japan and Indonesia, so much of my training skills and life is there.

I joined this network and IIMAA to get in touch with the west again, because I wasn't in the mainstream of America and wanted to see what was going on in defense arts. I did so now ,as I want to start bringing RBD guest instructors to Japan to compliment our school and expose a different approach to street defense to the Japanese.

I started kung fu years ago before America even had kung fu organizations. I trained with actual people from the Hong Kong streets that didn't have, belts or certificates, levels, or a known direct lineage to Ip Man. All we knew is Ip Man brought to Hong Kong from China, so some kind of connection existed. It was never important to me where or who, I was in it for "What" as in what I could get from it. Skill is what they had and all I wanted. They worked in a import-export store for their living.
    Nowadays everything is commercial, including many teachers, back then not so much. Believe it or not they didn't have the internet in 1976 or the 80s, when I started my training and many things pre-internet aren't on the internet. You will have to do more than Google it.
    I have my "paper"certificates and letters if I NEED to prove anything.
    But most of all I have it in my experience and my heart.

In Japan and many Asian countries certificates are drawn up right there at the promotion by the teachers in free hand and you have an original document, and your name is registered with the school log book.
    The Fancy certificates and organizations for everything is an American Martial arts invention and consuming the west.

Japan does require an organizational affiliation, but didn't have one for what I did, so I legally started my own to satisfy legal requirements without being confined in my training.

In America, before organized Gung fu and associations of recent years, non Japanese and Korean arts were basically a free and open system, everyday people doing everyday Hong Kong street fighting. Not unlike a father showing a couple of boxing moves to a son.
    If I liked it, I used it. As Bruce Lee said, use what is useful and dis-regard which is not.

Every know system was invented by someone, don't like it, don't do. If I go to a restaurant and don't like the food personally ,I just don't go back.
    I probally wouldn't be able to find his Chef's Diploma on the internet either, maybe not his French School too, But I would not go around saying he's a phony just because he didn't have a diploma or certificate or belonged to an Association I personally knew of or if couldn't find on the internet., even if I was a Chef myself and questioned it.

As far as my Wing chun, I was taught the 3 forms and drills back in my hometown area Norfolk, Virginia by a Hong Kong Man in a Export store where I bought my schools uniforms-1980-85 ( Johnny Wong and I am sure Johnny wasn't his real Chinese name, nor was he affliated with a school) It came up when I was buying Jimmy Wongs book on step-by-step silum tao form, He showed me a bit and it evolved from there to a regular weekly get together.
    Certificate or proof wasn't important to me as skills were all I care about. Apparently the non-essentials such as belts and levels or names are important to some.

In Japan my home, everything is organized and everything is Kyu grade or Dan Grade, not just martial arts, Everything from chess to swimming and other games and skills. I had to have a license and a translation of my level to do business in Japan.

Like I said in another post, belts and grades are within the organization. Yes I started my own organization, and it is certified in Japan and approved by Japans government. But my teacher promoted me to Instructor and my subsequent degrees of black sash/ belt are based on the traditional generational system and time required based on the Japan Karate Association for my registration.

I know 8th Dan in America sounds huge, It isn't that uncommon in Japan.
    A Shodan can be obtained in about a year.

Normally, I wouldn't respond to this as I feel comfortable with knowing the truth, my students do too, and the SBS TV in Japan does.
    BUT, now my name is all over the internet slandered. I have spent decades building my school.
    Professionalism goes beyond just physical skill and technique.

Sincerely,

Matt Plewes

Posted On:
    2/02/2010 8:33am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Free Style Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Word Grand Master is a western invention and NOT used in Asia. The Japanese term Hanshi was decided upon for my licensed, based on my time an experienced and skills, by the Japanese.
    There is not a direct translation of Hanshi to English, so Grand Master is often used. So I use it on my English website but not in Japans classes ( Hanshi) is used.

People not familar with westernized martial arts don't understand the word Grand Master. Like I said it's not Asian, and I live in Asia. It's only a English Translation. In Asia Grand Master is a European Chess Term.
    Last edited by CAIJAPAN; 2/02/2010 8:44am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/02/2010 8:41am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CAIJAPAN View Post
    I debated if I should post this on here or just discuss it with David, I decided to post since now my name is on the internat in such a way, I need to clear thing up..
    Welcome to bullshido. The length of your post tells me, it isn't going to answer any questions. You should have continued debating.

have been forced to confront something. I have enjoyed this new organization very much. I joined it to make friends with the west again.

But I have had something very disturbing to me happen. One of my Instructors brought to my attention that I was being slandered on the Bushido website. I have nothing to hide, so I would like to confront this.
    I was able to fInd the source.

I coppied and pasted the same English translation C.V. or bio.that's on my website for the Japan government to get my license and be able to work in Japan, as I did on this website. They checked and felt comfortable with it's legitimacy and after 6 months I was licensed and given permanent residency status as well, My organization is certified and hedquarted there.
    That's all I care about, the important people. But slander and assumptions is another thing.

My emails on my website and Bushido website's post I have had many people sarcastically calling me Jason Borne, Phony or suggesting I am lying. I have studied extensively over the years and have several certifications in Asia and America and apparently they can't find my cerifications on the public domain. I guess I never went to high school either as I can't find anything on the net.

I haven't ever gone without taking a class or course or enrolled in a community college class of some sort.

I have been doing so all my life. I am an extremely hungry indivual with many interest that's why I moved to Asia to get more, more, more

I see this recent post felt that my Biography was B.S. and felt the need to go to Bulshido, Why, because he couldn't find many things on the internet about my claims.

First of all, it is not B.S. and I really don't care for the lack of professionalism by assumptions and the subsequent postings of negatives of my name all over the internet.

It's quite nebulious thinking that everything all the world revolves around the internet, and not everything is American or Western based or America or Western Associated. Most of the internet is blocked in many places in Asia. And there are many small associations not affliated with America and don't see the need for a website as they survived before the internet for years, Amazing.

Everything is different in Asian martial arts in Asia.
    I have noticed, just the titles and slang used on his site isn't actually used in Japan the same way.

I live in Japan and Indonesia, so much of my training skills and life is there.

I joined this network and IIMAA to get in touch with the west again, because I wasn't in the mainstream of America and wanted to see what was going on in defense arts. I did so now ,as I want to start bringing RBD guest instructors to Japan to compliment our school and expose a different approach to street defense to the Japanese.

I started kung fu years ago before America even had kung fu organizations. I trained with actual people from the Hong Kong streets that didn't have, belts or certificates, levels, or a known direct lineage to Ip Man. All we knew is Ip Man brought to Hong Kong from China, so some kind of connection existed. It was never important to me where or who, I was in it for "What" as in what I could get from it. Skill is what they had and all I wanted. They worked in a import-export store for their living.
    Nowadays everything is commercial, including many teachers, back then not so much. Believe it or not they didn't have the internet in 1976 or the 80s, when I started my training and many things pre-internet aren't on the internet. You will have to do more than Google it.
    I have my "paper"certificates and letters if I NEED to prove anything.
    But most of all I have it in my experience and my heart.

In Japan and many Asian countries certificates are drawn up right there at the promotion by the teachers in free hand and you have an original document, and your name is registered with the school log book.
    The Fancy certificates and organizations for everything is an American Martial arts invention and consuming the west.

Japan does require an organizational affiliation, but didn't have one for what I did, so I legally started my own to satisfy legal requirements without being confined in my training.

In America, before organized Gung fu and associations of recent years, non Japanese and Korean arts were basically a free and open system, everyday people doing everyday Hong Kong street fighting. Not unlike a father showing a couple of boxing moves to a son.
    If I liked it, I used it. As Bruce Lee said, use what is useful and dis-regard which is not.

Every know system was invented by someone, don't like it, don't do. If I go to a restaurant and don't like the food personally ,I just don't go back.
    I probally wouldn't be able to find his Chef's Diploma on the internet either, maybe not his French School too, But I would not go around saying he's a phony just because he didn't have a diploma or certificate or belonged to an Association I personally knew of or if couldn't find on the internet., even if I was a Chef myself and questioned it.

As far as my Wing chun, I was taught the 3 forms and drills back in my hometown area Norfolk, Virginia by a Hong Kong Man in a Export store where I bought my schools uniforms-1980-85 ( Johnny Wong and I am sure Johnny wasn't his real Chinese name, nor was he affliated with a school) It came up when I was buying Jimmy Wongs book on step-by-step silum tao form, He showed me a bit and it evolved from there to a regular weekly get together.
    Certificate or proof wasn't important to me as skills were all I care about. Apparently the non-essentials such as belts and levels or names are important to some.

In Japan my home, everything is organized and everything is Kyu grade or Dan Grade, not just martial arts, Everything from chess to swimming and other games and skills. I had to have a license and a translation of my level to do business in Japan.

Like I said in another post, belts and grades are within the organization. Yes I started my own organization, and it is certified in Japan and approved by Japans government. But my teacher promoted me to Instructor and my subsequent degrees of black sash/ belt are based on the traditional generational system and time required based on the Japan Karate Association for my registration.

I know 8th Dan in America sounds huge, It isn't that uncommon in Japan.
    A Shodan can be obtained in about a year.

Normally, I wouldn't respond to this as I feel comfortable with knowing the truth, my students do too, and the SBS TV in Japan does.
    BUT, now my name is all over the internet slandered. I have spent decades building my school.
    Professionalism goes beyond just physical skill and technique.

Sincerely,

Matt Plewes
    Do us all a favor and learn what defines slander and libel. Asking questions about your ranks, awards, and education is not slander. Comparing you to Jason Bourne is not Slander.

I do wish I could sue you for the embarrassment you bring to Chinese Martial Arts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2010 10:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YouTube- C.A.I. Reflex Drills & "Twister" Escapes

So this is meant to become "the ultimate "Harvard" University of reality-based martial arts." ? Does it good against resisting opponents? I'm not saying it doesn't, but I'd like to see these applied in sparring, would be quite refreshing, because I hardly see that stuff used in sparring situations.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast