218358 Bullies, 7940 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 10:22am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And like clockwork, here come the defenders that have absolutely nothing to do with the product in discussion honest!!
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 11:13am

Style: Trad. JuJitsu, SanShou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure it'd get the kids fit, but then again any kind of exercise would do that.
    As far as bullyproofing go? Junior boxing sounds a lot better.

Whenever someone starts breaking boards the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Marketing, marketing, marketing

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 11:47am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCarmen View Post
    Hey guys,

I actually bought karate kids home fitness recently for my kids. I was a little skeptical at first but I was pleasantly surprised. My kids have been picking it up really quickly. They don't plan on becoming mini Jackie chan's but this dvd works extremely well for young kids that want to pick up karate quickly.

Thanks for reading have a great day everyone.

John
    Yeah, and with all due respect, your kids aren't learning karate. They want to learn karate then they go to a karate dojo and they do it right. TBH. it's probably cheaper too.

You want your kids to be fit, but 'em a bicycle. Or indeed, take them to a karate dojo...

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 2:35pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys,

I actually bought karate kids home fitness recently for my kids. I was a little skeptical at first but I was pleasantly surprised. My kids have been picking it up really quickly. They don't plan on becoming mini Jackie chan's but this dvd works extremely well for young kids that want to pick up karate quickly.

John
    "Picking up karate" needs a little qualification. Around here, that means developing skill to engage someone who is trying to hurt you, but it means different things to other people. I'm not sure if you're familiar with fighting arts, so I'll use an analogy- fighting/self defense is a fast paced endeavor where variables can change very quickly and you must adapt, like driving a car. Would you trust in your ability to drive a car based on watching DVDs, and then by pretending to use a steering wheel while making car noises? Probably not- you'd have to actually get in a car to learn. Another one they like around here is swimming- you wouldn't learn to swim by buying a DVD and practicing swimming strokes in your living room; you'd need a body of water. If your kid likes watching their karate DVD and swinging their arms and legs around, then that's great that they've got something they like and that gets them moving, but make sure that they know that they shouldn't think that they can take on the world because they know karate. If they really like it, you might want to get them into a real martial arts school some time- they might end up being really good!

Food for thought.

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 3:23pm

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just tell the kids to scrap/duke it out on their own, they'll be fine, even if they lose they'll be left alone. Also I've said this a bazilion times it's not your coach's job to teach your kids anything else than the sport/art they are supposed to, trust, self confidence, character and allllll that other crap IS YOUR FUCKING JOB AS A PARENT!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

"That was grappling. Real MMA."

"Where do I go for that?"

I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 4:31pm

Style: Muay Thai, Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglybugly View Post
    the kid at 0.45.. he is doing weight exercises with a freaking sponge :D totally sweet for only 10 bucks ^_^

YouTube- Sensei Robert Tallack Wolverine Kata

Here they say something about what he had won. Sounds like he has only competed in karate kata. How is kids doing katas supposed to be good as anti bully protection? That should be one of the top things that attracts bullys :D
    It is kind of like splashing the water when your in the shark tank
    And if you do kata like that even the other kata people will bully you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 11:13pm

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ugh

Hey guys,

John
    You sound like a nice guy, but I have to ask: when your kids are practicing their step punches and crane kicks on the playground and some bully comes and hands their butts to them, will you still like this?

There are fantastic MA options for children, and this is not one of them. Kids can learn Judo, no prob. I remember a playground altercation when I was a kid between a bully and a kid who's parents were nice enough to give him Judo lessons. Pretty much the most one sided fight I've ever seen even to this day. Bully got ruined and Judo kid didn't even throw a punch, which, compared to krotty, will also help prevent your kids from the trouble they'll get into for striking.

Just a thought...

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 11:27pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only thing that should be learnt from DVD's is sexual positions and foreign languages. And I'm not too sure about foreign languages.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 11:41pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys,

John
    You are the reason they should have a license to be a parent.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2010 12:12am

Style: JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seems like a pretty smart way to make easy money, but why was he teaching kids how to do tricep extensions? Seems more like an aerobics video for children.

Just don't let the kids watch him do his wolverine dance.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast